Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Makes 8 servings
Fody’s Tortellini Vegetable Soup with Sausage
This hearty and comforting Tortellini Vegetable Soup with Sausage is perfect to warm up as the temperatures cool down (or any time of year!). It’s filled with carrots, peppers and zucchini, with satisfying cheese tortellini and sausage.
Fody’s Tortellini Vegetable Soup with Sausage Ingredients:
- 1 lb. cheese tortellini (gluten-free)
- 1 tbsp Fody’s Garlic Infused Olive Oil, divided
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and diced small
- ½ red bell pepper, diced small
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 lb. sweet Italian sausage
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning blend
- 6-7 cups* Fody’s Chicken Broth
- 1 small zucchini, diced small
- 1 jar Fody’s Spicy Marinara
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley, for serving
- ¼ cup grated or shredded parmesan, for serving
Directions for Fody’s Tortellini Vegetable Soup with Sausage
Cook tortellini according to package directions in salted water, then drain.
Meanwhile, preheat a large pan or soup pot on medium heat. Add garlic oil, carrots, bell pepper, and salt. Stir and cook covered for 8-10 min, reducing heat to medium-low as needed to prevent burning. Some browning is fine, to add flavor.
Crumble sausage into pan, removing casing as you crumble. Add Italian seasoning blend. Stir and cook 5 to 6 min, stirring occasionally to brown the sausage. Add broth, zucchini, and spicy marinara. Place lid on pot to bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer. Simmer partially covered for 3 to 4 min until zucchini is fork tender but not mushy. Stir in cooked tortellini. Serve topped with parsley and parmesan.
For a chunkier soup, use 6 cups. For a thinner soup, use an additional cup of broth.
About the Chef
Janet Gronnow is the recipe creator and food photographer behind the popular blog Munch Meals by Janet and the @janetsmunchmeals Instagram account. Janet shares approachable, delicious meals for foodies and families, focusing on simple ingredients and preparations that pack big flavor.
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.