Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Makes 8 servings
Fody’s Creamy Tomato Basil Soup
This Creamy Tomato Basil Soup is the perfect autumn recipe. It’s filled with ditalini pasta and nourishing, low-FODMAP vegetables like mushrooms, carrots, and spinach–plus, it’s an easy, gut-friendly soup that comes together in less than 30 minutes. Fody’s Creamy Tomato Basil Soup recipe makes a great first course or simple holiday side dish, but it’s also a great recipe to whip up when you’re craving a hot and cozy bowl of deliciousness. Plus, it’s super simple to make!
Ingredients for Fody’s Creamy Tomato Basil Soup
- 1 ½ cups uncooked gluten-free ditalini pasta
- 2 tbsp Fody’s Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 2 cups carrots, diced small
- 1 ½ cups celery, diced small
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 jar Fody’s Tomato Basil
- 5 cups* water prepared with Fody’s Vegetable Soup Base
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning blend
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- ½ cup full-fat canned coconut milk or dairy-free heavy cream
- 1 large handful spinach
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup grated dairy-free parmesan cheese, optional
Directions for Fody’s Creamy Tomato Basil Soup
- To start your low-FODMAP tomato soup, cook the gluten-free ditalini pasta according to package directions. Add about 2 tbsp of kosher salt to the pasta water, cook until the pasta is al dente, then drain.
- While the pasta cooks, pre-heat a large pan or soup pot on medium heat. Add Fody’s garlic-flavoured oil, carrots, celery, salt, and pepper. Stir and cook the vegetables for 12-15 min, covered, stirring occasionally. Add the mushrooms, stir and cook for another 5-6 min, stirring occasionally.
- Add Fody’s tomato basil sauce and prepared vegetable soup base, Fody’s Italian seasoning, and tarragon. Stir and cook for 4-5 min or until the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally and cooking at a gentle simmer. Stir in cooked ditalini, coconut milk/cream and spinach, then serve your gut-friendly soup topped with fresh parsley and (optionally) grated parmesan.
*For a thinner soup, use 6 cups of prepared vegetable soup base instead of 5.
About the Chef
Janet Gronnow is the recipe creator and food photographer behind the popular blog Munch Meals by Janet and the @janetsmunchmeals Instagram account. Janet shares approachable, delicious meals for foodies and families, focusing on simple ingredients and preparations that pack big flavor.
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.