Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Makes 4 servings
Fody’s Creamy One-Pot Pumpkin Orzo with Goat Cheese & Olive Salad
This Creamy Pumpkin Orzo is a cozy, one-pot meal that combines the delicious pairing of tomato basil sauce and pumpkin. It is served with a tangy goat cheese and olive salad with balsamic vinaigrette for a super comforting meal.
Fody’s Creamy One-Pot Pumpkin Orzo with Goat Cheese & Olive Salad Ingredients:
- 1 tbsp Fody’s Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- ¼ cup sliced cherry or grape tomatoes
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 8 oz. dry orzo (Gluten-Free)
- 2 cups Fody’s Vegetable Broth
- 1 jar Fody’s Tomato Basil
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup light cream or sub dairy-free cream
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan or sub dairy-free parmesan
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced for serving
For the Salad:
- 5 oz. spring mix or arugula
- 1/3 cup goat cheese crumbles
- 1 cup croutons (Gluten-Free)
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup Fody’s Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp agave nectar
Directions for Fody’s Creamy One-Pot Pumpkin Orzo with Goat Cheese & Olive Salad
Prepare salad by adding spring mix / arugula to large mixing bowl. Add goat cheese, croutons, and olives and toss together. In a small bowl, whisk together garlic oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt and agave nectar. Once ready to serve, drizzle dressing over salad and toss.
To prepare the orzo, preheat a large pan or soup pot on medium heat. Add garlic oil, tomatoes and salt. Stir and cook for 2 min. Add dry orzo, vegetable broth and tomato basil sauce. Stir, cover and bring to just boiling, then immediately reduce heat to medium-low to simmer for 5 min, covered, stirring often. Be sure to stir every couple of minutes to avoid orzo sticking to pan. Add pumpkin puree and cream, stir, and simmer another 5-6 min, covered, stirring often. Stir in parmesan cheese. Serve topped with more parmesan cheese if desired, and fresh basil.
About the Chef
Janet Gronnow is the recipe creator and food photographer behind the popular blog Munch Meals by Janet and the @janetsmunchmeals Instagram account. Janet shares approachable, delicious meals for foodies and families, focusing on simple ingredients and preparations that pack big flavor.
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.