Makes 4 servings
Fody's Steak & Millet Low FODMAP Grain Bowl
Description of Fody's Steak & Millet Low FODMAP Grain Bowl
All pure proteins, such as steak, do not contain any FODMAPs. That said, many of us are eating more plant-focused these days. Who says the meat has to be the focal point? The millet and vegetables are the stars in this easy low FODMAP lunch idea, and the meat is an accent. You can use leftover steak or cook up a steak just for this grain bowl seasoned with Fody Low FODMAP Steak Seasoning. And, we always suggest that when you are cooking low FODMAP grains, such as rice, millet or quinoa, that you cook extra. Then our grain bowls will be that much easier to put together. And they are versatile, too. You can drizzle on your favorite Fody Low FODMAP Salad Dressing or Sauce! The Parmesan is strictly optional by the way; this is an easy dish to make dairy-free.
Fody's Steak & Millet Low FODMAP Grain Bowl Ingredients
- 4 cups (736 g) cooked millet, warm
- 2 cups (75 g) fresh arugula
- 6-ounces (170 g) steak, cooked, sliced into bite-sized pieces, warm
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup (8 g) chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup (16 g) chopped scallion greens
- 20 g of drained canned corn (about 2 U.S. tablespoons)
- Shavings of Parmesan cheese; optional
- Fody Low FODMAP Salad Dressing, such as Garden Herb or Caesar, or Fody Sesame Ginger Sauce
Directions for Fody's Steak & Millet Low FODMAP Grain Bowl
Toss the millet with the arugula, steak, tomatoes, parsley, chopped scallion greens and corn in a mixing bowl and then divide into 4 serving bowls. Top with shavings of Parmesan cheese, if using, drizzle with your choice of Fody Low FODMAP Salad Dressing or Sauce and serve.
About the Chef
Dédé Wilson is the author of 17 cookbooks, including co-author of The Low FODMAP Diet: Step By Step.
Recipe brought to you by FODMAP Everyday® where we help you thrive while following the Low FODMAP Diet.
This original Low FODMAP recipe was created by recipe developer and author Dédé Wilson. You can find many more original Low FODMAP recipes, food and diet guidance as well as resources, support and more at FODMAP Everyday®.fodmapeveryday.com
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.