Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Makes 4 Servings
Description of Fody's Grilled Panzanella Low FODMAP Vegetable Salad with Chicken
Fire up the grill, either charcoal or propane, and make your low FODMAP dinner outside! Or, a hearty low FODMAP lunch. Zucchini, red and green bell peppers and low FODMAP sourdough bread are brushed with Fody Garlic-Infused Olive Oil and grilled. Everything gets chopped up and tossed in a bowl with juicy tomatoes and cooked chicken and drizzled with Fody Garden Herb Dressing for a lovely summer meal. Using LOFO rotisserie chicken makes this easier but you could of course brush boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs with additional oil and grill them while you have the grill going.
Fody's Grilled Panzanella Low FODMAP Vegetable Salad with Chicken Ingredients
- 2 large very ripe beefsteak tomatoes, cored cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) chunks
- 1 cup (64 g) chopped scallion greens
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium zucchini, ends trimmed, split in half lengthwise
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cored, cut into large chunks
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored, cut into large chunks
- 8-ounces (225 g) sourdough bread (round boule shape), cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) thick slices
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Fody Garlic-Infused Low FODMAP Olive Oil, plus extra
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 8-ounces (225 g) low FODMAP rotisserie chicken, skin removed and shredded or cubed, warm
- Fody Low FODMAP Garden Herb Dressing
Directions Fody's Grilled Panzanella Low FODMAP Vegetable Salad with Chicken
Prepare your grill, either charcoal or propane, clean the grates and make a medium hot fire.
Place tomato chunks and scallion greens in a large mixing bowl, season with salt and pepper and toss; set aside.
Place zucchini and green and red pepper pieces in a bowl and drizzle over ¼ cup (60 ml) Fody Garlic-Infused Olive Oil; toss to coat vegetables well. Grill the vegetables, turning often, until they show nice char marks and are cooked a little past crisp tender. Remove to a cutting board, chop into bite-sized pieces and then add to bowl with tomatoes.
Use any oil that is left over from the vegetable bowl to brush the cut sides of the bread (using additional oil if necessary) and grill the bread on both sides until there are nice char marks and the bread is toasted but still a little soft in the middle. Remove to a cutting board, chop into bite-sized pieces and then add to bowl with the vegetables. Add parsley and chicken to the bowl and toss everything together well. Drizzle Fody Garden Herb Dressing over the salad to moisten lightly. Taste and adjust seasoning. Salad is ready to serve or can be held for about 1 hour. This is a salad that doesn’t store well as the bread will get soggy.
About the Chef
Dédé Wilson is the author of 17 cookbooks, including co-author of The Low FODMAP Diet: Step By Step.
Recipe brought to you by FODMAP Everyday® where we help you thrive while following the Low FODMAP Diet.
This original Low FODMAP recipe was created by recipe developer and author Dédé Wilson. You can find many more original Low FODMAP recipes, food and diet guidance as well as resources, support and more at FODMAP Everyday®.fodmapeveryday.com