Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Makes 4-5 servings
Description of Fody's BBQ Corn Salad
This tasty spin on classic Mexican Street Corn salad is deliciously bold thanks to the addition of Fody’s Original BBQ Sauce + Shallot Infused Olive Oil. It’s so simple to whip up you’ll find yourself bringing this BBQ corn Salad to all your summer BBQs and gatherings. Packed with mouth watering ingredients and tempting flavors, you may want to double the recipe for this no bloat salad because everyone will want seconds! Pair it alongside your favorite grilled protein or toss it with your favorite salad greens for a fresh and tasty bloat free meal.
Fody's BBQ Corn Salad Ingredients:
- 3 cups frozen fire roasted corn
- 1 jalapeno, diced + deseeded
- ½ red pepper, diced + deseeded
- ½ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- ¼ cup green onion, finely chopped
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp Fody’s Shallot Infused Olive Oil, divided
- 2 tbsp Fody’s Original BBQ Sauce
- 2 tbsp lactose free greek yogurt or sour cream
- ½ cup crumbled cotija or feta cheese
Directions for Fody's BBQ Fire Roasted Corn Salad
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tbsp of Fody’s Shallot Infused Olive Oil. Once oil is shimmering, add in frozen fire roasted corn, increasing the heat to high and cooking for 4-5 minutes until corn is warmed + begins to char.
- Remove from heat and set corn aside in a large mixing bowl to cool.
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss together diced red pepper, jalapeno, green onion and cilantro to combine. Once corn has cooled, add the pepper, green onion + cilantro mixture to the corn, tossing once more to fully incorporate all the veggies.
- Next add the remaining 1 tbsp of Fody’s Shallot Infused Olive Oil to the veggie + corn mixture along with paprika, cumin, salt + pepper tossing to fully incorporate.
- Finally add in Fody’s Original BBQ Sauce along with the lactose free greek yogurt or sour cream + fold in using a wooden spoon or spatula to combine.
- Top your no bloat salad with crumbled cotija or feta cheese and enjoy!
About the Chef
Kimberly, the creator behind Pretty Delicious Life, began developing Low FODMAP friendly recipes in late 2017 after being diagnosed with SIBO/IBS. In order to work towards healing, she adopted a gluten free, low FODMAP diet and quickly realized she had a knack and passion for developing gut friendly recipes. She made it her mission to not only develop delicious meals + treats, but to create recipes that felt exciting for everyone. She believes that while healing can feel isolating, food is a vehicle to bring us together which is why all of her recipes are designed with the whole family in mind.
At Pretty Delicious Life, you will find delicious, healthy, gut-friendly recipes anyone will enjoy! You can follow along with her Instagram @prettydeliciouslife or check out her website www.prettydeliciouslife.comfor more deliciousness!