Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Makes 4 servings
Description of Fody’s Summer Garden Pasta
Warm weather calls for loads of veggies, but pasta season never ends! Enjoy the summer even more by throwing together this easy veggie pasta inspired by a recipe from everyone’s favorite celebrity chef, Ina Garten. This Summer Garden Pasta recipe is nothing short of perfection. Packed with fresh veggies + herbs and made even more flavorful with the addition of Fody’s Tomato Basil Sauce and Fody’s Garlic Infused Olive Oil, this is the ideal easy and quick pasta recipe you’ll find yourself indulging in all summer long. It’s also a perfect option for a stress-free al fresco pasta dinner party with friends + family!
Fody’s Summer Garden Pasta Ingredients:
- 1 small yellow squash, thinly sliced into rounds (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced into rounds (about 1/2 cup)
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 5 oz fresh basil, thinly sliced into ribbons
- 2 tbsp Fody’s Garlic Infused Olive Oil, divided
- ¼ cup Fody’s Tomato Basil Sauce
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb gluten free spaghetti
- 1 tbsp salt, for cooking pasta
Directions for Fody’s Summer Garden Pasta
- In a large pasta pot over medium heat, bring well salted pasta water to a boil + cook pasta according to package instructions.
- While water is coming to a boil, add 1 tbsp of Fody’s Garlic Infused Olive Oil to a large saucepan over medium heat. Sauteé yellow squash + zucchini until slightly tender but not mushy, about 5-7 minutes.
- Once squash + zucchini are fully cooked, remove from the heat until pasta has finished cooking.
- Drain pasta but do NOT rinse! Rinsing pasta causes the starches that develop during cooking to wash away, which ultimately does not allow the sauce to cling to the pasta.
- Once pasta is drained, add it back to the pot + toss with cherry tomatoes, cooked squash + zucchini, parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes, Fody’s Tomato Basil Sauce and the remaining 1 tbsp of Fody’s Garlic Infused Olive Oil.
- Garnish your summer garden pasta with fresh basil and serve.
About the Chef
Kimberly, the creator behind Pretty Delicious Life, began developing Low FODMAP friendly recipes in late 2017 after being diagnosed with SIBO/IBS. In order to work towards healing, she adopted a gluten free, low FODMAP diet and quickly realized she had a knack and passion for developing gut friendly recipes. She made it her mission to not only develop delicious meals + treats, but to create recipes that felt exciting for everyone. She believes that while healing can feel isolating, food is a vehicle to bring us together which is why all of her recipes are designed with the whole family in mind.
At Pretty Delicious Life, you will find delicious, healthy, gut-friendly recipes anyone will enjoy! You can follow along with her Instagram @prettydeliciouslife or check out her website www.prettydeliciouslife.comfor more deliciousness!