Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Makes 4 Servings; 8 tacos; 2 tacos per serving
Fody's Sweet Potato Low FODMAP Tacos with Avocado Crema
Description of Fody's Sweet Potato Low FODMAP Tacos with Avocado Crema
Looking for a meatless taco packed with flavor? This is it! We take advantage of the fact that we can have small amounts of sweet potato and keep the recipe low FODMAP by adding regular potatoes, which contain no FODMAPs. Small, low FODMAP serving sizes of black beans add protein and the amount of avocado in the crema is low FODMAP as well, of course. Grab your Fody Garlic-Infused Olive Oil, Fody Taco Sauce and Fody Taco Seasoning and get cooking.
Fody's Sweet Potato Low FODMAP Tacos with Avocado Crema Ingredients
- Potato Filling:
- 8-ounces (225 g) peeled sweet potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 8-ounces (225 g) peeled white potatoes, cut into small cubes
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Fody Low FODMAP Garlic-Infused Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Fody Low FODMAP Taco Seasoning
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Avocado Crema:
- 2/3 cup (170 g) lactose-free plain yogurt
- ¼ cup (8 g) chopped cilantro leaves
- 4-ounces (115 g) avocado flesh
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Fody Low FODMAP Taco Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Fody Low FODMAP Taco Seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Bean Filling & Tacos:
- 5-ounces (140 g) drained, canned black beans
- 4-ounces (115 g) shredded red cabbage
- ¼ cup (8 g) chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons Fody Low FODMAP Taco Sauce
- Jalapeno slices
- 8, 6-inch (15 cm) low FODMAP corn tortillas, warmed
Directions for Fody's Sweet Potato Low FODMAP Tacos with Avocado Crema
Make the Potato Filling: Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Toss both kinds of potatoes together in a bowl with the Fody Garlic-Infused Olive Oil and Fody Taco Seasoning and season generously with salt and pepper. Scatter on a rimmed baking sheet pan, spaced out evenly, and roast for about 40 minutes or until tender when pierced with a knife and golden brown. Remove from oven and keep warm.
Meanwhile, made the Crema and Bean Filling. For the Avocado Crema, place the yogurt, cilantro, avocado, lime juice, Fody Taco Sauce and Fody Taco Seasoning in a blender or food processor fitted with metal blade and blend until smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
For the Bean Filling, toss together the beans, cabbage and cilantro with Fody Taco Sauce. If you like things spicy add slices of fresh jalapeno. Fold in the warm potato mixture.
Arrange warmed tacos on serving platter, divide warm potato filling amongst tacos and drizzle with Avocado Crema. Serve immediately.
About the Chef
Dédé Wilson is the author of 17 cookbooks, including co-author of The Low FODMAP Diet: Step By Step.
Recipe brought to you by FODMAP Everyday® where we help you thrive while following the Low FODMAP Diet.
This original Low FODMAP recipe was created by recipe developer and author Dédé Wilson. You can find many more original Low FODMAP recipes, food and diet guidance as well as resources, support and more at FODMAP Everyday®.fodmapeveryday.com
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.