Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
Makes 4 servings; 8 tacos; 2 tacos per serving.
Fody's Scrambled Tofu Low FODMAP Breakfast Tacos
Description of Fody's Scrambled Tofu Low FODMAP Breakfast Tacos
Tofu transforms when crumbled and sautéed with Fody Low FODMAP Taco Seasoning and Fody Low FODMAP Taco Sauce and makes the tastiest, protein packed low FODMAP breakfast tacos! Savory for breakfast? YES! This is a great way to start the day and you can make the filling ahead of time, refrigerate in an airtight container and then reheat in the morning to save time – even in the microwave! If you have Fody Salsa around, it works wonderfully in this low FODMAP recipe, but it is totally optional.
Fody's Scrambled Tofu Low FODMAP Breakfast Tacos Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon Fody Low FODMAP Garlic-Infused Olive Oil
- ½ green bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup (16 g) plus 2 tablespoons chopped scallion greens, divided
- 2 tablespoons Fody Low FODMAP Taco Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Fody Low FODMAP Taco Seasoning
- 1-pound (455 g) extra-firm tofu, drained
- 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- 4 ¼-ounces (120 g) slices of avocado
- 2-ounces (55 g) cotija cheese, crumbled, or substitute feta
- Fody Salsa, Mild or Medium; optional
Directions for Fody's Scrambled Tofu Low FODMAP Breakfast Tacos
Heat the Fody Garlic-Infused Olive Oil in a nonstick skillet over low-medium heat until shimmering, then add bell pepper and ¼ cup (126 g) chopped scallions and sauté until beginning to soften. Add the crumbled tofu along with the Fody Taco Sauce and Fody Taco Seasoning. Continue to sauté until tofu dries out a bit, just a couple of minutes. Fold in the cherry tomatoes.
Arrange warm tortillas on serving platter, divide the scrambled tofu mixture amongst tortillas, top with avocado, cheese, reserved scallions and serve immediately with salsa alongside, if using.
About the Chef
Dédé Wilson is the author of 17 cookbooks, including co-author of The Low FODMAP Diet: Step By Step.
Recipe brought to you by FODMAP Everyday® where we help you thrive while following the Low FODMAP Diet.
This original Low FODMAP recipe was created by recipe developer and author Dédé Wilson. You can find many more original Low FODMAP recipes, food and diet guidance as well as resources, support and more at FODMAP Everyday®.fodmapeveryday.com
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.