Prep Time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 35 minutes
Makes 8 Servings
Fody's Ginger Orange Berry Pecan Low FODMAP Crumble
Description of Fody's Ginger Orange Berry Pecan Low FODMAP Crumble
This low FODMAP dessert is delectable enough for company yet easy enough for even beginner bakers. The orange zest, ground ginger and crunchy pecans elevate this low FODMAP fruit crumble out of the ordinary. Do pay attention to the pie plate called for; you need a deep-dish pie plate to avoid any boil overs in the oven.
Fody's Ginger Orange Berry Pecan Low FODMAP Crumble Ingredients
- 12-ounces (340 g) fresh strawberries, hulled and halved or quartered (depending on size)
- 6-ounces (170 g) fresh blueberries
- 6-ounces (170 g) fresh raspberries
- ¾ cup (160 g) firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¾ cup (109 g) low FODMAP gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup (65 g) old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup (113 g; 1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup (28 g) pecan halves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
Directions for Fody's Ginger Orange Berry Pecan Low FODMAP Crumble
Preheat oven to 375F (190C). Coat the inside of a 9 ½-inch (24 cm) deep-dish pie plate with nonstick spray; set aside.
Toss the strawberries, blueberries and raspberries together in your prepared pie plate.
Stir the remaining ingredients together in a bowl until well mixed; it should be moist and crumbly. Scatter this crumble topping evenly over the fruit. Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving. You can store it at room temperature lightly covered with foil overnight, but the topping will lose a bit of its crispness.
I love this warmed for breakfast with a dollop if thick, plain, lactose-free yogurt.
About the Chef
Dédé Wilson is the author of 17 cookbooks, including co-author of The Low FODMAP Diet: Step By Step.
Recipe brought to you by FODMAP Everyday® where we help you thrive while following the Low FODMAP Diet.
This original Low FODMAP recipe was created by recipe developer and author Dédé Wilson. You can find many more original Low FODMAP recipes, food and diet guidance as well as resources, support and more at FODMAP Everyday®.fodmapeveryday.com
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.