Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Recipe yields 4 servings (1 Italian quesadilla per serving)
Description of Fody's Italian Quesadillas with Pepperoni and Spicy Marinara
These pepperoni quesadillas are an Italian twist on a beloved classic! An Italian quesadilla comes together simply: Gluten free tortillas are stuffed with sliced pepperoni, salami, bell peppers and lots of melty cheese, then pan-fried until crispy and served with Fody’s Spicy Marinara Sauce! Gluten free quesadillas are an allergy friendly meal that’s perfect for lunch or dinner!
Fody's Italian Quesadillas with Pepperoni and Spicy Marinara Ingredients:
- 4 almond flour tortillas (made with gut-friendly ingredients)
- 2 oz. salami, sliced thin & halved (depending on their size)
- 2 oz. pepperoni, sliced thin
- ½ cup green bell pepper, sliced
- ½ cup red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tbsp Fody’s Garlic-Infused Olive Oil
- 1 cup Fody’s Spicy Marinara Sauce (for dipping)
Directions for Fody's Italian Quesadillas with Pepperoni and Spicy Marinara
- To start making your Italian quesadilla, pour Fody’s Garlic-Infused Olive Oil into a large pan and heat it over medium-high heat. Once it’s hot, place one gluten free tortilla in the center of the pan. Working quickly, sprinkle half the gluten free tortilla with your mozzarella cheese then layer the same side with your salami, pepperoni, sliced red and green peppers and a little more cheese sprinkled on top. Then fold the other half of your tortilla over the filling and cook on both sides until crispy and the cheese has melted. (About 2-3 minutes per side.)
- Next, remove your Italian quesadilla from the pan and repeat with your remaining tortillas and ingredients.
- Serve your Italian quesadillas immediately with Fody’s Spicy Marinara Sauce for dipping.
About the Chef
Caitlin Monson is the photographer and content creator behind Kalefornia Kravings. Her love of cooking started at a young when she was constantly in the kitchen with her mother helping her stir, lining up ingredients and of course (the best part) licking the spoon! This passion later grew into what it is today as she strives to not only create delicious tasting recipes but also recipes that are gut healthy and easily approachable by the everyday cook.
At Kalefornia Kravings you’ll find simple easy to follow recipes that still taste delicious and are made with better for you ingredients! You can follow along with her on Instagram @kalefornia_kravings or check out her website www.kaleforniakravings.com