Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 6 hours
Makes 6 servings
Fody's Crockpot Pizza Soup
Wondering how to use leftover pizza ingredients? Look no further than this bloat-free, low-FODMAP crockpot soup! Classic toppings like Italian chicken sausage, pepperoni and bell pepper are slow cooked with Fody’s Chicken Soup Base & Vegan Bolognese to bring this hearty fall soup recipe to life! Add some shredded mozzarella to each individual bowl for a gut-friendly dinner the whole family will enjoy!
Fody's Crockpot Pizza Soup Ingredients:
- 5 lbs ground Italian chicken sausage (made with low fodmap ingredients)
- 2 Tbsp Fody’s Garlic-Infused Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Fody’s Chicken Soup Base
- 4 cups water
- 1 jar Fody’s Vegan Bolognese Sauce
- ½ cup green bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- 4 oz canned sliced black olives, drained
- 4 oz sliced pepperoni, halved or quartered
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions for Fody's Crockpot Pizza Soup
- In a large skillet, heat Fody’s Garlic-Infused Olive Oil over medium high heat. Once hot, add your ground chicken sausage and cook/crumble until it’s cooked all the way through. Then remove it from the pan and drain off any excess fat. Place the sausage in your crockpot.
- Next bring 4 cups of water to a boil on the stove. Once boiling, add your chicken soup base and whisk until the base has fully dissolved. Let your broth simmer for 1 minute then add it to the crockpot with your sausage.
- Next add the rest of your ingredients (from the Vegan Bolognese Sauce – red pepper flakes) to the crockpot. Cover and cook your pizza soup on low for 6 hours.
- Once done, top each bowl of pizza soup with your shredded cheese and serve immediately.
About the Chef
Caitlin Monson is the photographer and content creator behind Kalefornia Kravings. Her love of cooking started at a young when she was constantly in the kitchen with her mother helping her stir, lining up ingredients and of course (the best part) licking the spoon! This passion later grew into what it is today as she strives to not only create delicious tasting recipes but also recipes that are gut healthy and easily approachable by the everyday cook.
At Kalefornia Kravings you’ll find simple easy to follow recipes that still taste delicious and are made with better for you ingredients! You can follow along with her on Instagram @kalefornia_kravings or check out her website www.kaleforniakravings.com
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.