Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Makes 4 servings
Sweet & Sour Air Fried Chicken Wings
Healthier chicken wings with an Asian-inspired spin! These chicken wings are crisped up in the air fryer, then tossed in a gut-friendly, homemade sweet & sour sauce made with Fody’s Unsweetened Ketchup! They’re perfect for an easy weeknight dinner, or serve them as a delicious, easy appetizer!
Ingredients for Fody's Sweet & Sour Air Fried Chicken Wings:
- 3 lbs. chicken wings (about 24 separated pieces)
- 2 Tbsp Fody’s Garlic-Infused Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Fody's Unsweetened Ketchup
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp water
- Salt & black pepper, to taste
Directions for Fody's Sweet & Sour Air Fried Chicken Wings
- To start your Sweet & Sour Air Fried Chicken Wings, whisk your ketchup, rice vinegar, maple syrup and soy sauce together in a pot on the stove. Then, bring it to a boil over medium heat.
- Once your homemade sweet & sour sauce is boiling, mix the cornstarch and water together and slowly whisk it into your sauce. Continue whisking until the sauce has thickened slightly. Then take the pot off the stove and set it aside, allowing the sweet & sour sauce to cool completely.
- Next preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees.
- While the air fryer heats, place your chicken wings in large bowl and toss them in Fody’s Garlic-Infused Olive Oil, salt and pepper.
- Once the air fryer is ready, add your chicken wings to the basket in a single layer and cook for 18-20 minutes, flipping half way through (around the 9-10 minute mark.)
- Once done, toss the air fried chicken wings in the sauce and serve immediately.
About the Chef
Caitlin Monson is the photographer and content creator behind Kalefornia Kravings. Her love of cooking started at a young when she was constantly in the kitchen with her mother helping her stir, lining up ingredients and of course (the best part) licking the spoon! This passion later grew into what it is today as she strives to not only create delicious tasting recipes but also recipes that are gut healthy and easily approachable by the everyday cook.
At Kalefornia Kravings you’ll find simple easy to follow recipes that still taste delicious and are made with better for you ingredients! You can follow along with her on Instagram @kalefornia_kravings or check out her website www.kaleforniakravings.com
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.