Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Makes 4 servings
Fody's Vegetarian Taco Stuffed Peppers
To make these Vegetarian Taco Stuffed Peppers, stuff bell pepper halves with a hearty mix of rice, black beans, corn and Fody’s Medium salsa. Then, top them with shredded cheese, and bake them until they’re tender & melty. This gut healthy meatless dinner is loaded with flavor & perfect for a simple weeknight meal! Pair them with your favorite side salad for a well-rounded meal!
Fody's Vegetarian Taco Stuffed Peppers Ingredients:
- 2 large green bell peppers, deseeded & cut in half
- 1½ cups basmati rice, cooked
- ⅓ cup canned black beans, drained & rinsed
- ¼ cup fresh corn kernels, cut off the cob
- ¼ cup green onion, sliced (green parts only)
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup Fody’s Medium Salsa
- 1 Tbsp Fody’s Shallot-Infused Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Fody’s Taco Seasoning
Directions for Fody's Vegetarian Taco Stuffed Peppers
- To start your Vegetarian Taco Stuffed Peppers, pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees and spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Next, cut your bell peppers in half lengthwise, keeping the stems intact as much as possible and discard the seeds and ribs. Arrange your bell peppers in your prepared dish and set them aside.
- Next, heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and add Fody’s Shallot-Infused Olive Oil once it’s hot. Then, add your beans, corn kernels, rice and Fody’s Taco Seasoning, and continue cooking until it’s warmed throughout. (About 2-3 minutes)
- Next, stir in your cilantro, green onion and Fody’s Medium Salsa until fully combined, then remove the pan from the stove.
- Divide your rice mixture evenly between the halved peppers and sprinkle each pepper with your cheddar cheese.
- Then place the pan in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the peppers are tender and the cheese has melted.
- Serve your Vegetarian Taco Stuffed Peppers immediately, and enjoy!
About the Chef
Caitlin Monson is the photographer and content creator behind Kalefornia Kravings. Her love of cooking started at a young when she was constantly in the kitchen with her mother helping her stir, lining up ingredients and of course (the best part) licking the spoon! This passion later grew into what it is today as she strives to not only create delicious tasting recipes but also recipes that are gut healthy and easily approachable by the everyday cook.
At Kalefornia Kravings you’ll find simple easy to follow recipes that still taste delicious and are made with better for you ingredients! You can follow along with her on Instagram @kalefornia_kravings or check out her website www.kaleforniakravings.com
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.