Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 6-8 minutes
Makes 12 servings
Fody’s Vegetarian Pasta Salad
Impress your guests at your next outdoor dinner party with this uniquely delicious Italian-inspired pasta salad featuring Fody’s Tomato Basil Sauce, Balsamic Dressing and Garlic Infused Olive Oil. This gut-friendly vegetarian salad is packed with fresh herbs and veggies inspired by an Italian antipasto salad; it’s the perfect complement to veggie burgers, grilled chicken or grilled fish. You can even meal-prep this recipe up to one day in advance.
Ingredients for Fody’s Fody’s Vegetarian Pasta Salad
- 1 box gluten free (low-fodmap) bowtie pasta
- 1 cup broccoli crowns, chopped finely
- 2 cups fresh basil, cut into ribbons
- 1 cup kalamata olives
- ½ cup roasted red peppers, diced
- 1 cup fresh curly leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- ½ cup pepperoncini peppers, sliced into rounds & deseeded
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella pearls
For the Dressing
- ¼ cup Fody’s Tomato Basil Sauce
- 2 tbsp Fody’s Balsamic Dressing
- 1 tbsp Fody’s Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
Directions for Fody’s Fody’s Vegetarian Pasta Salad
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions until just al dente. Reserve ½ cup of the pasta water before draining the pasta once cooked. Allow the cooked pasta to come to room temperature.
- While the pasta cooks, prepare the dressing by whisking together Fody’s Tomato Basil Sauce, Balsamic Dressing and Garlic Infused Olive Oil. Add the seasonings and whisk again. Set aside.
- Add the cooled pasta to a large serving bowl along with chopped broccoli, fresh basil, parsley, sliced olives, pepperoncini, roasted red peppers, cherry tomatoes and mozzarella pearls tossing gently to combine.
- Whisk ¼ cup of the pasta water into the dressing, then pour over the pasta salad, continuing to toss to combine. If you’d like to thin the dressing further, you can add the remaining ¼ cup of the reserved pasta water, tossing again to combine. Season with additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve your gut-friendly pasta salad immediately, or chill for 1-2 hours before serving for a colder dish.
About the Chef
Kimberly, the creator behind Pretty Delicious Life, began developing Low FODMAP friendly recipes in late 2017 after being diagnosed with SIBO/IBS. In order to work towards healing, she adopted a gluten free, low FODMAP diet and quickly realized she had a knack and passion for developing gut friendly recipes. She made it her mission to not only develop delicious meals + treats, but to create recipes that felt exciting for everyone. She believes that while healing can feel isolating, food is a vehicle to bring us together which is why all of her recipes are designed with the whole family in mind.
At Pretty Delicious Life, you will find delicious, healthy, gut-friendly recipes anyone will enjoy! You can follow along with her Instagram @prettydeliciouslife or check out her website www.prettydeliciouslife.comfor more deliciousness!
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.