Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Makes 2-3 servings
Fody’s Baja Fish Tacos with Creamy Lime Taco Sauce + Salsa Slaw
These Baja Style Fish Tacos with Creamy Lime Taco Sauce + Salsa Slaw are the perfect way to enjoy your food truck favorites easily at home! Lightly battered, crispy fish is paired with a cool, creamy lime taco sauce featuring Fody’s Taco Sauce + Taco Seasoning, then topped with a crisp, flavorful homemade slaw, featuring Fody’s Medium Salsa. Fish tacos are an easy summer meal that the whole family is bound to love!
Fody’s Baja Fish Tacos with Creamy Lime Taco Sauce + Salsa Slaw Ingredients:
For the Homemade Slaw
- ½ cup Fody’s Medium Salsa
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup savoy cabbage, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 jalapeño, diced, seeds removed
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- ⅓ cup gluten free flour
- 2 tsp Fody’s Taco Seasoning
- 1 ½ lbs cod (or white fish of choice)
- 1 tbsp neutral cooking oil like avocado oil
- 6 gluten free tortillas
- 6 lime wedges
Directions for Fody’s Baja Fish Tacos with Creamy Lime Taco Sauce + Salsa Slaw
- Prepare the homemade slaw first. Add chopped savoy and red cabbage to a mixing bowl with shredded carrots and toss together with your hands to combine.
- Next, finish your homemade slaw by adding in cilantro and jalapeño and tossing it all together one more time to combine. Drizzle fresh lime juice on top along with Fody’s Medium Salad, tossing the slaw one last time with a spoon to fully incorporate all ingredients.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine gluten free flour and Fody’s Taco seasoning. Gently pat fish filets with a paper towel to remove excess moisture, then dredge in the seasoned flour mixture, placing each filet onto a clean plate until all filets are coated.
- Heat the neutral oil in a large pan over medium heat. Once the oil is shimmering, place the crispy fish filets into the pan, cooking for about 3 minutes on each side until the fish is golden brown.
- Once the crispy fish is done cooking, transfer to a paper towel lined plate while you mix up the creamy lime taco sauce.
- In a small mixing bowl add Fody’s Taco Sauce and Taco Seasoning, greek yogurt and lime juice, whisking with a fork until all ingredients are combined.
- To serve your homemade fish tacos, spread the creamy lime taco sauce onto a tortilla, top with crispy fish and finally top with the homemade slaw. Serve with lime wedges.
About the Chef
Kimberly, the creator behind Pretty Delicious Life, began developing Low FODMAP friendly recipes in late 2017 after being diagnosed with SIBO/IBS. In order to work towards healing, she adopted a gluten free, low FODMAP diet and quickly realized she had a knack and passion for developing gut friendly recipes. She made it her mission to not only develop delicious meals + treats, but to create recipes that felt exciting for everyone. She believes that while healing can feel isolating, food is a vehicle to bring us together which is why all of her recipes are designed with the whole family in mind.
At Pretty Delicious Life, you will find delicious, healthy, gut-friendly recipes anyone will enjoy! You can follow along with her Instagram @prettydeliciouslife or check out her website www.prettydeliciouslife.comfor more deliciousness!
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.