Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Makes 4 servings
Description of Fody’s Mediterranean Fish with Herbs
Looking for an easy weeknight meal that whips up in a flash and is bound to impress anyone you serve it to? Then look no further than this flavorful Mediterranean Fish with Herbs featuring Fody’s Garlic Infused Olive Oil and Tomato Basil Sauce. Packed with bold flavors and fresh herbs, this deliciously flaky white fish recipe comes with a warning, you may want to double the recipe, because people are bound to ask for more!
Fody’s Mediterranean Style Fish Ingredients:
- 2 lbs cod (or white fish of choice) cut into 4 filets
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp Fody’s Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 1 jalapeño, diced and deseeded
- ½ green bell pepper, diced and deseeded
- ½ cup Fody’s Tomato Basil Sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh mint leaves, chopped
Directions for Fody’s Mediterranean Style Fish
- In a small mixing bowl, combine ground coriander, lemon zest, salt, pepper, cumin and turmeric to create a spice blend and set aside.
- In a large skillet with a lid, heat Fody’s Garlic Infused Olive Oil over medium heat until shimmering. Add in jalapeño and green pepper, cooking until slightly tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Next, add the tomatoes to the pan and half of the spice blend, along with Fody’s Tomato Basil sauce, tomato paste, lime juice and water, stirring to combine. Turn heat down to low and cover, allowing mixture to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the sauce simmers, pat each of the fish filets dry with a paper towel and season with the remaining spice mixture.
- Gently nestle the fish filets into the sauce, being careful not to crowd the pan and cover. Cook on low for 10-15 minutes until the fish is flakey, which indicates it is fully cooked.
- When your Mediterranean Fish is fully cooked, remove from the heat and plate. Garnish with fresh parsley, dill and mint leaves and serve with a side of rice or toasted bread.
About the Chef
Kimberly, the creator behind Pretty Delicious Life, began developing Low FODMAP friendly recipes in late 2017 after being diagnosed with SIBO/IBS. In order to work towards healing, she adopted a gluten free, low FODMAP diet and quickly realized she had a knack and passion for developing gut friendly recipes. She made it her mission to not only develop delicious meals + treats, but to create recipes that felt exciting for everyone. She believes that while healing can feel isolating, food is a vehicle to bring us together which is why all of her recipes are designed with the whole family in mind.
At Pretty Delicious Life, you will find delicious, healthy, gut-friendly recipes anyone will enjoy! You can follow along with her Instagram @prettydeliciouslife or check out her website www.prettydeliciouslife.comfor more deliciousness!