Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Makes 4 servings
Fody’s Healthy Caesar Salad with Pizza Croutons
Pizza and salad are a match made in heaven, so why not put the two together for one incredibly delicious and easy to make meal?! Gluten free pizza croutons featuring Fody’s Marinara Sauce and Garlic Infused Olive Oil are tossed with romaine lettuce, parmesan and Fody’s Caesar Dressing promising loads of flavor in every bite. This jazzed up low-fodmap Caesar Salad will make your mouth water before it even hits the table!
Fody’s Healthy Caesar Salad with Pizza Croutons Ingredients:
For the Gluten-Free Pizza Croutons
- 2 cups gluten free bread cubes
- 2 tbsp Fody’s Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup Fody’s Marinara Sauce
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup Fody’s Caesar Dressing
- Fresh cracked black pepper + sea salt to taste
Directions for Fody’s Caesar Salad with Pizza Croutons
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together gluten-free bread cubes, Fody’s garlic infused olive oil and spices until bread cubes are fully coated.
- Arrange the pizza croutons evenly across the baking sheet, making sure to leave some space in between the cubes.
- Place in the oven and bake for 12-14 minutes until bread cubes are crisp + golden brown.
- While the pizza croutons bake, chop the romaine lettuce and add it to a large mixing bowl. Add in shaved parmesan cheese, Fody’s Caesar Dressing, salt + pepper, tossing all ingredients with salad tongs to combine into your low fodmap Caesar salad.
- Once croutons are baked, remove from the oven and spoon Fody’s marinara sauce onto each gluten free pizza crouton, then top with grated parmesan cheese. Place back into the oven and bake an additional 3-5 minutes to warm sauce + melt the cheese.
- Remove croutons from the oven and allow to come to room temperature, about 5 minutes. Toss into homemade Ceaser salad and serve.
About the Chef
Kimberly, the creator behind Pretty Delicious Life, began developing Low FODMAP friendly recipes in late 2017 after being diagnosed with SIBO/IBS. In order to work towards healing, she adopted a gluten free, low FODMAP diet and quickly realized she had a knack and passion for developing gut friendly recipes. She made it her mission to not only develop delicious meals + treats, but to create recipes that felt exciting for everyone. She believes that while healing can feel isolating, food is a vehicle to bring us together which is why all of her recipes are designed with the whole family in mind.
At Pretty Delicious Life, you will find delicious, healthy, gut-friendly recipes anyone will enjoy! You can follow along with her Instagram @prettydeliciouslife or check out her website www.prettydeliciouslife.comfor more deliciousness!
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.