Makes 4 Servings
Description of Fody's Low FODMAP Kale Caesar Salad with Chicken and Croutons
Caesar salad, often with chicken, is an incredibly popular restaurant dish, but it is also laden with FODMAPs in its classic preparation. GARLIC everywhere! Fody Low FODMAP Caesar Salad Dressing to the rescue! We have not only turned this favorite into a low FODMAP lunch or dinner, but with the Fody's low FODMAP salad dressing in the pantry and a rotisserie chicken, this dish will come together in a flash!
Fody's Low FODMAP Kale Caesar Salad with Chicken and Croutons Ingredients
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Fody Low FODMAP Garlic-Infused Olive Oil
- 1/3 sourdough baguette, torn into bite-sized pieces or cubed
- 2 large heads of Romaine lettuce, hard root end removed, leaves torn or chopped into bite-sized pieces (about 8 cups)
- 6-ounces (170 g) ounces kale, stems removed, torn or chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1-pound (455 g) cooked low FODMAP chicken, either homemade or low FODMAP rotisserie chicken, shredded or cubed into bite-sized pieces
- Fody Low FODMAP Caesar Salad Dressing
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2-ounces (55 g) Parmesan cheese
Directions for Fody's Low FODMAP Kale Caesar Salad with Chicken and Croutons
Place butter and Fody Low FODMAP Garlic-Infused Olive Oil in a large nonstick skillet and melt butter over medium heat. Add cubed bread and toss around to coat in the butter and oil. Cook over medium heat, tossing the cubes often until lightly toasted and golden brown, about 3 to 5 minutes total. Set aside.
Toss the chopped lettuce, kale and chicken together in a large mixing bowl and add only enough Fody Caesar Salad Dressing to coat lightly. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Toss in croutons and Parmesan. Your low FODMAP salad is ready to serve (and should be served immediately, or it will get soggy)!
About the Chef
Dédé Wilson is the author of 17 cookbooks, including co-author of The Low FODMAP Diet: Step By Step.
Recipe brought to you by FODMAP Everyday® where we help you thrive while following the Low FODMAP Diet.
This original Low FODMAP recipe was created by recipe developer and author Dédé Wilson. You can find many more original Low FODMAP recipes, food and diet guidance as well as resources, support and more at FODMAP Everyday®.fodmapeveryday.com