Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 Min
Makes 8 burgers; 4 Servings; 2 burgers per serving
Fody's Buckwheat Burgers with Spring Vegetable Salad
Description of Fody's Buckwheat Burgers with Spring Vegetable Salad
Buckwheat groats are low FODMAP per lab testing by Monash University in amounts of ¾ cup (135 g) per serving. That is a generous amount of whole grain! Here we have made this chewy, nutritious grain into a burger with sautéed oyster mushrooms. Fody Steak Seasoning and Fody Garlic-Infused Olive Oil add instant flavor. Serve the burgers on a bed of spring green salad, including carrot ribbons, peas, snap peas and radishes along with Fody French Dressing.
Fody's Buckwheat Burgers with Spring Vegetable Salad Ingredients
- 1/2 cup (90 g) toasted buckwheat groats
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- Kosher salt
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Fody Garlic-Infused Olive Oil, divided
- 6-ounces (170 g) trimmed oyster mushrooms, very finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (16 g) chopped scallion greens
- 1 large egg, well beaten
- ¾ cup (120 g) low FODMAP gluten-free panko, such as Ian’s Original, divided
- 1 teaspoon Fody Steak Seasoning
- 2-ounces (55 g) mixed low FODMAP lettuces
- 1-ounce (30 g) watercress, large stems discarded
- ¾ cup (7 g) chopped fresh dill
- ¼ cup (60 g) frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 ½-ounces (40 g) snap peas
- 3 red radishes, trimmed and sliced into thin discs
- 1 medium carrot, trimmed, peeled and cut into ribbons
- 4-ounces (115 g) goat cheese, such as Montrachet
- Fody French Salad Dressing
Directions for Fody's Buckwheat Burgers with Spring Vegetable Salad
Stir buckwheat groats and water together in a saucepan with a large pinch of salt, cover and bring to a boil, then adjust heat to a low simmer and cook until water is absorbed, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand covered for 5 minutes. Cool.
Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons Fody Garlic-Infused Olive Oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat and sauté the mushrooms and scallions for several minutes. The mushrooms will exude moisture; keep cooking until mushrooms are softened and the mixture has dried out a bit. Cool.
Scrape cooled groats and mushroom mixture into a mixing bowl. Add egg, ¼ cup (40 g) of the panko and the Fody Steak Seasoning and stir everything together well. Pour the remaining panko in a shallow bowl or pie plate. Form mixture into 8 flat patties and cover completely with panko.
Wipe out the skillet that you used before and heat remaining 2 tablespoons Fody Garlic-Infused Olive Oil in pan over medium heat. Add patties; do not crowd (you will probably have to do at least 2 batches). Cook for several minutes until nicely browned and crisp on the bottom, then flip over and cook second side until crisp.
Meanwhile, toss together the lettuces, watercress, dill, peas, snap peas, radishes and carrot in a mixing bowl Add enough Fody French Salad Dressing to coat lightly. Divide dressed salad on plates, top with burgers and top them with a bit of goat cheese. Offer with more Fody French Salad Dressing to drizzle on top. Serve immediately.
About the Chef
Dédé Wilson is the author of 17 cookbooks, including co-author of The Low FODMAP Diet: Step By Step.
Recipe brought to you by FODMAP Everyday® where we help you thrive while following the Low FODMAP Diet.
This original Low FODMAP recipe was created by recipe developer and author Dédé Wilson. You can find many more original Low FODMAP recipes, food and diet guidance as well as resources, support and more at FODMAP Everyday®.fodmapeveryday.com
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.