Makes 6 to 8 servings
Description of Fody's Low FODMAP Chicken Cobb Salad with BBQ Sauce
Missing barbecue while following the low FODMAP diet? Missing EASY barbecue recipes? This Fody BBQ Low FODMAP Chicken Cobb Salad recipe will satisfy on all counts. Fody Low FODMAP BBQ Sauce is sweet and tangy, and so easy to use straight out of the bottle. For this low FODMAP salad, we have used it to flavorful effect with chicken breasts and then assembled all the classic ingredients to go alongside: bacon, hard-boiled egg, juicy tomatoes, crisp lettuce, avocado and blue cheese. The chicken can be added to the salad warm, or have everything at room temperature.
Fody Low FODMAP BBQ Chicken Cobb Salad
- 2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts (approx. 1 ½ to 1 3/4 pounds/680 g to 800 g) cut into separate lobes, pounded to an even thickness
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Fody Low FODMAP BBQ Sauce
- 2 medium heads of Romaine lettuce, washed and dried, cored and chopped
- ½ dry pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 8 slices crisp cooked bacon, crumbled
- 4 hardboiled eggs, peeled and sliced crosswise into rounds
- Ripe avocado, diced to yield about 180 g/6.25 ounces of avocado (plan on 30 g per serving)
- 4 ounces (115 g) crumbed blue cheese
- Fody Garden & Herb Low FODMAP Salad Dressing
Cooking Directions for Fody's BBQ Chicken Cobb Salad
Preheat oven to 375F/190C. Coat the inside of a small roasting pan with nonstick spray. Arrange chicken breasts in pan, spaced evenly apart, and brush with the Fody BBQ Sauce on all sides. Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Roast for 20 minutes, then remove foil and continue to cook for approximately 15 more minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Allow to rest for a few minutes while you arrange salad.
Meanwhile, arrange chopped lettuce on a serving platter and arrange tomatoes, bacon, hard-boiled eggs, avocado and blue cheese in separate areas. Slice chicken breasts crosswise and arrange on platter. Serve with Fody Garden & Herb Salad Dressing, suggesting about 2 tablespoons per servings for the FODMAPers.
About the Chef
Dédé Wilson is the author of 17 cookbooks, including co-author of The Low FODMAP Diet: Step By Step.
Low FODMAP recipe brought to you by FODMAP Everyday® where we help you thrive while following the Low FODMAP Diet.
This original Low FODMAP recipe was created by recipe developer and author Dédé Wilson. You can find many more original Low FODMAP recipes and Low FODMAP vegetarian recipes, food and diet guidance, as well as resources, support and more at FODMAP Everyday®.fodmapeveryday.com