8 to 10 servings
Low FODMAP Cole Slaw with Pepitas
The winter months bring their own limitations in terms of Low FODMAP produce available at the market. That said, we want to think creatively and take advantage of what is fresh so that we can have crunchy green salads to go with our lunches and dinners. You might think of slaws as something you typically find alongside burgers in the middle of the summer, but we have put together a fantastic Low FODMAP cole slaw that you can make mid-winter - or anytime for that matter - because it uses vegetables that are available year-round and are also Low FODMAP: green cabbage, kale, scallions (green parts only) and the crunchy addition of pepitas. You could dress this with a simple vinaigrette, or use your favorite Fody Low FODMAP salad dressing.
- 8 ounces (225 g) green cabbage, cored, outer leaves removed and finely shredded
- 1 ounce (30 g) Lacinato kale, about 3 large leaves, large ribs removed and finely shredded
- 1/3 cup (24 g) chopped scallion greens
- Fody Low FODMAP Salad Dressing of choice
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup (30 g) pepitas, raw or toasted
Toss together the cabbage, kale and scallions in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with dressing, tossing as you go, using only enough to just moisten the slaw. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Low FODMAP cole slaw is ready to serve or may be refrigerated covered in an airtight container for up to 6 hours. Toss in pepitas right before serving to preserve their crunch.
About the Chef
Dédé Wilson is the author of 17 cookbooks, including co-author of The Low FODMAP Diet: Step By Step.
Recipe brought to you by FODMAP Everyday® where we help you thrive while following the Low FODMAP Diet.
This original Low FODMAP recipe was created by recipe developer and author Dédé Wilson. You can find many more original Low FODMAP recipes, food and diet guidance as well as resources, support and more at FODMAP Everyday®.fodmapeveryday.com
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.