Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Makes 6 servings
Fody's Loaded Salsa Verde Chicken Nachos with Pickled Jalapeño Crema
Nachos can be much more than chips, cheese, and salsa – and this hearty one-pan nacho recipe is a perfect example. Start with a Low FODMAP rotisserie chicken or make our Salsa Verde Pulled Chicken. Then it is all about assembly! You will be enjoying these homemade nachos in minutes.
Fody's Loaded Salsa Verde Chicken Nachos with Pickled Jalapeño Crema Ingredients:
- 4 cups (500 g) shredded Low FODMAP roasted chicken or Salsa Verde Pulled Chicken, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 (360 g) Fody Salsa Verde, divided
- 1, 14-ounce to (397 g) bag Low FODMAP, gluten-free tortilla chips
- 1 cup (210 g) canned, drained black beans
- 1/2 cup (124 g) pickled jalapeño slices, drained, liquid reserved
- 8-ounces (225 g) grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup (80 g) lactose-free sour cream
- ½ cup (32 g) chopped scallion greens (remember, only the greens are Low FODMAP)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup (50 g) crumbled fresh cheese such as queso fresco, feta cheese or goat cheese (but any of these low lactose cheeses will work)
¼ cup (32 g) sliced black olives
- 3 medium red radishes, sliced very thin
Directions for Fody's Loaded Salsa Verde Chicken Nachos with Pickled Jalapeño Crema
Heat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a half-sheet rimmed baking pan with aluminum foil.
Toss shredded chicken and 1 cup (240 g) Fody Salsa Verde together in a bowl.
Arrange about half of the tortilla chips on the prepared pan. Scatter about half of the chicken , black beans, pickled jalapeños and grated cheddar cheese (you can do this by eye) evenly over chips. Repeat with remaining chips, chicken, beans, jalapeños, and cheddar.
Bake the salsa verde chicken nachos until the cheese has completely melted and everything is warmed through about 15 minutes. While the nachos are in the oven, place the lactose-free sour cream, scallion greens, and cilantro in a blender and blend until smooth and combined. Add a little of the pickled jalapeño juice if you need to thin it out; set aside.
Remove nachos from oven, immediately top with queso fresco, and drizzle with scallion/cilantro crema. Scatter olives and radishes on top and serve immediately with remaining ½ cup (120 g) Fody Salsa Verde to dip.
About the Chef
Dédé Wilson is the author of 17 cookbooks, including co-author of The Low FODMAP Diet: Step By Step.
Recipe brought to you by FODMAP Everyday® where we help you thrive while following the Low FODMAP Diet.
This original Low FODMAP recipe was created by recipe developer and author Dédé Wilson. You can find many more original Low FODMAP recipes, food and diet guidance as well as resources, support and more at FODMAP Everyday®.fodmapeveryday.com
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.