Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 Hour
Makes 8 servings
Fody's Low FODMAP Vegetable Baked Pasta
Description of Fody's Low FODMAP Vegetable Baked Pasta
Looking for a hearty baked pasta, packed with low FODMAP vegetables? This is it! I love this with Fody's Low FODMAP Marinara Sauce , but you can use the Tomato Basil or Arrabbiata low FODMAP sauces as well. And the veggies? Kabocha winter squash and red bell peppers contain no FODMAPs! And there are low FODMAP serving sizes of oyster mushrooms and zucchini that are used in the correct portions in our dish. This is a hearty, cheesy, comfort food – and the low FODMAP vegetables do not take away from the classic baked ziti experience at all. Quite the opposite – I think they make it better! More color, texture, nutrition and flavor.
Fody's Low FODMAP Vegetable Baked Pasta Ingredients
- 12-ounces (340 g) peeled and seeded Kabocha squash, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 2 tablespoons Fody Garlic-Infused low FODMAP Olive Oil, divided
- 4-ounces (115 g) trimmed, chopped oyster mushrooms
- 2 red bell peppers, cored, seeded and cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) wide strips
- 2 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) chunks
- 1 cup (64 g) finely chopped scallion greens (remember, only the greens are low FODMAP)
- 1 ½ teaspoons Fody Lemon Herb low FODMAP Seasoning
- 12-ounces (340 g) low FODMAP, gluten-free pasta - try penne or ziti
- 12-ounces (340 g) lactose-free cottage cheese
- 1, 19.4-ounce (550 g) jar Fody low FODMAP Marinara Sauce
- 12 Kalamata olives, halved
- 8-ounces (225 g) shredded Fontina cheese
- 4-ounces (115 g) shredded Mozzarella
- 1/4 cup (25 g) grated Parmesan
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Directions for Fody's Low FODMAP Vegetable Baked Pasta
Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Coat the inside of a 13-inch by 9-inch (33 cm by 23 cm) oblong pan with nonstick spray.
Toss squash cubes with 1 tablespoon Fody's low FODMAP Garlic-Infused Olive Oil, spread out on a rimmed sheet pan and roast for 15 minutes. Remove pan from oven, add the mushrooms, red bell peppers, zucchini, and scallion greens, the remaining tablespoon of oil and the Fody's Lemon Herb Seasoning, toss everything around, and roast 15 minutes more until all the vegetables are tender.
Meanwhile bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the gluten-free pasta until quite al dente. Drain. Add back to the cooking pot (so you don’t have to dirty any other dishes), add the roasted low FODMAP vegetables, lactose-free cottage cheese, Fody's low FODMAP Marinara sauce and olives. Toss the fontina, mozzarella and Parmesan together in a small bowl and add about three-quarters of this cheese mixture to your pasta (tip: to stay within low FODMAP serving size, ensure you're only having 40g of low FODMAP cheese at a time). Fold everything together very well; season with salt and pepper, as desired. Scrape the gluten-free pasta into your prepared pan in an even layer. Top with remaining cheese mixture.
Bake until top is golden and the cheese melts, about 25 to 30 minutes. Serve immediately with a green salad and light vinaigrette.
About the Chef
Dédé Wilson is the author of 17 cookbooks, including co-author of The Low FODMAP Diet: Step By Step.
Recipe brought to you by FODMAP Everyday® where we help you thrive while following the Low FODMAP Diet.
This original Low FODMAP recipe was created by recipe developer and author Dédé Wilson. You can find many more original Low FODMAP recipes, food and diet guidance as well as resources, support and more at FODMAP Everyday®.fodmapeveryday.com
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.