Makes about 12 servings
Description of Low FODMAP Mozzarella & Olives
Need a quick hors d’oeuvres? This Low FODMAP Mozzarella & Olives recipe is it! The only part that needs any planning is to source “cherry” size fresh mozzarella balls. Sometimes they are labeled with their Italian name, “ciliegine”. If you cannot find these small low FODMAP cheese balls, simply buy the weight of cheese that is recommended (8 ounces/225 g total) of larger fresh mozzarella pieces, and cut to bite-size. Stock up on Fody’s Low FODMAP Garlic and Shallot-Infused oil and Fody Low FODMAP Lemon & Herb Seasoning and you will be ready to go!
As far as serving sizes, we suggest moderation. Maybe stick with about 2 low FODMAP cheese balls and 2 olives for a decent low FODMAP serving size. Serve with toothpicks!
- 8 ounces (225 g) bite-sized, fresh mozzarella balls
- 2 ounces (55 g) pitted black olives, such as Kalamata
- 2 ounces (55 g) pitted green olives, such as Castelvetrano
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) Fody Low FODMAP Garlic-Infused Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) Fody Low FODMAP Shallot-Infused Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Fody Low FODMAP Lemon & Herb Seasoning
Combine all the ingredients in an airtight container and refrigerate at least overnight, to allow flavors to meld. Bring back to room temperature before serving. The appetizer can be made up to 4 days ahead.
About the Chef
Dédé Wilson is the author of 17 cookbooks, including co-author of The Low FODMAP Diet: Step By Step.
Recipe brought to you by FODMAP Everyday® where we help you thrive while following the Low FODMAP Diet.
This original Low FODMAP recipe was created by recipe developer and author Dédé Wilson. You can find many more original Low FODMAP recipes, food and diet guidance as well as resources, support and more at FODMAP Everyday®.fodmapeveryday.com