Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 17 minutes
Makes 8 servings
Fody's Stovetop BBQ Sloppy Joe’s
These allergy friendly BBQ Sloppy Joe’s are a fun take on a classic! Sauteed bell peppers and ground turkey are tossed in a tangy bbq sauce using Fody’s ketchup and Original BBQ sauce then piled high on gluten free buns and topped with cheddar cheese! They’re satisfying, saucy and perfect for a quick weeknight dinner!
Fody's Stovetop BBQ Sloppy Joe’s Ingredients:
- 1½ lbs. ground turkey
- ½ cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup Fody’s Original BBQ Sauce
- ¼ cup Fody’s Ketchup
- 1 Tbsp Fody’s Shallot-Infused Olive Oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 8 slices of cheddar cheese
- 8 gluten free hamburger buns
Directions for Fody's Stovetop BBQ Sloppy Joe’s
- To make these gut healthy Sloppy Joes, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add Fody’s Shallot-Infused Olive Oil to the pan once hot. Then, add your bell peppers and cook until tender (about 1-2 minutes.)
- Next, add your ground turkey, salt and pepper, and continue to cook until the turkey is cooked through. (About 4-5 minutes)
- Once the turkey is cooked, stir Fody’s Original BBQ Sauce and Fody’s ketchup into your homemade Sloppy Joe mixture.
- Then, turn the burner down to medium-low and cook uncovered for 5-10 minutes or until the mixture has slightly thickened.
- Once done, divide the bloat free Sloppy Joe mixture evenly between your hamburger buns. Then top each bun with cheddar cheese and serve your BBQ Sloppy Joes immediately. Alternatively you can place your pre-made Sloppy Joes in the oven to melt the cheese faster.
About the Chef
Caitlin Monson is the photographer and content creator behind Kalefornia Kravings. Her love of cooking started at a young when she was constantly in the kitchen with her mother helping her stir, lining up ingredients and of course (the best part) licking the spoon! This passion later grew into what it is today as she strives to not only create delicious tasting recipes but also recipes that are gut healthy and easily approachable by the everyday cook.
At Kalefornia Kravings you’ll find simple easy to follow recipes that still taste delicious and are made with better for you ingredients! You can follow along with her on Instagram @kalefornia_kravings or check out her website www.kaleforniakravings.com
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.