Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Recipe yields 6 servings
Fody's Homemade Beef Meatballs with Salsa Verde
Wow your guests this holiday season with these easy homemade meatballs with salsa verde! For this gut friendly recipe, ground beef is mixed with Fody’s Taco Seasoning, green onion and cilantro then topped with Fody’s Salsa Verde and baked until the homemade meatballs are tender! Serve them as a gut healthy appetizer with lactose-free sour cream, or over rice for a delicious and satisfying bloat-free meal!
Fody's Homemade Beef Meatballs with Salsa Verde Ingredients:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup gluten free breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup green onion, finely sliced (green parts only)
- 1 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Fody’s Taco Seasoning
- 1-2 Tbsp Fody’s Shallot-Infused Olive Oil
- 1 cup Fody’s Salsa Verde
- Lactose free sour cream, for serving (optional)
- White rice, for serving (optional)
- Lime wedges, for serving
Directions for Fody's Homemade Beef Meatballs with Salsa Verde
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Then mix your ground beef, egg, breadcrumbs, green onion, cilantro and Fody’s Taco seasoning together. Form the mixture into small 1-inch balls.
- Next heat Fody’s Shallot-Infused Olive Oil in a pan over medium-high heat and brown your meatballs on all sides. (You may need to do this in batches so you don’t over crowd the pan.)
- Then place your homemade meatballs in your prepared baking dish and pour Fody’s Salsa Verde over the top. (Make sure all the meatballs are covered.) Place the pan in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Once done, serve your gut healthy meatballs with lime wedges and lactose free sour cream (if serving as an appetizer) or over white rice (if serving as a meal).
About the Chef
Caitlin Monson is the photographer and content creator behind Kalefornia Kravings. Her love of cooking started at a young when she was constantly in the kitchen with her mother helping her stir, lining up ingredients and of course (the best part) licking the spoon! This passion later grew into what it is today as she strives to not only create delicious tasting recipes but also recipes that are gut healthy and easily approachable by the everyday cook.
At Kalefornia Kravings you’ll find simple easy to follow recipes that still taste delicious and are made with better for you ingredients! You can follow along with her on Instagram @kalefornia_kravings or check out her website www.kaleforniakravings.com
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.