Makes 6 tostadas; 3 servings; 2 tostadas per serving
Description of Fody's Chicken Tostadas with Low FODMAP Chipotle BBQ Sauce
With a bottle of Fody Chipotle BBQ Sauce on hand and a low FODMAP rotisserie chicken, these tostadas are mere minutes away. The perfect weeknight low FODMAP dinner recipe. We love piling on the toppings, but you can also set everything out separately for folks to assemble their own. Add cilantro, jalapeno and olives. Just add olives. Just add fresh jalapeno – or make it pickled! Your choice. The recipe maximizes the size of a rimmed baking sheet pan – 6 low FODMAP corn tortillas fit perfectly. If you want to double the recipe and use two pans, slide under the broiler in succession, go for it!
Fody's Chicken Tostadas with Low FODMAP Chipotle BBQ Sauce Ingredients
- 3 cups (400 g) skinless shredded or cubed low FODMAP rotisserie chicken
- ¾ cup (192 g) Fody Chipotle BBQ Sauce, divided
- 6 low FODMAP corn tortillas
- 1 ¼ cups (140 g) shredded smoked cheddar or smoked Gouda cheese
- 1 cup (47 g) shredded Romaine or Iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup (100 g) diced tomato, plum or beefsteak
- ¼ cup (16 g) chopped scallion greens
- 2 red radishes, trimmed and sliced thinly crosswise
- ¼ cup (8 g) chopped cilantro; optional
- ¼ cup (40 g) sliced black olives; optional
- A few pickled or fresh jalapeno slices; optional
- Lime wedges; optional
Directions for Fody's Chicken Tostadas with Low FODMAP Chipotle BBQ Sauce
Position rack in upper third of oven, about 4-inches (10 cm) from broiler. Preheat broiler to High. Have ready a large rimmed baking sheet pan, such as a half-sheet pan.
Toss the chicken together with 1/3 cup (96 g) of Fody Low FODMAP Chipotle BBQ Sauce. Place corn tortillas on a baking sheet pan. Top each tostada with chicken and then cheese- remembering to stick to a low FODMAP serving size of 40g. Broil for a few minutes or until chicken is heated through and cheese is melted. Remove from oven and add toppings of your choice, drizzle with remaining Fody Chipotle Low FODMAP BBQ sauce and serve immediately with lime wedges, if using. Best if served immediately.
About the Chef
Dédé Wilson is the author of 17 cookbooks, including co-author of The Low FODMAP Diet: Step By Step.
Recipe brought to you by FODMAP Everyday® where we help you thrive while following the Low FODMAP Diet.
This original Low FODMAP recipe was created by recipe developer and author Dédé Wilson. You can find many more original Low FODMAP recipes, food and diet guidance as well as resources, support and more at FODMAP Everyday®.fodmapeveryday.com