Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 16 minutes
Makes 4 servings
Fody's Jalapeño Popper Burgers
That’s right: everyone’s favorite appetizer just got an upgrade perfect for grilling season! In this gut-friendly comfort food recipe, Fody’s Jalapeño Popper Burgers are stuffed with a tasty cream cheese & cheddar filling for the perfect ooey, gooey, cheesy summer dish! These homemade jalapeño popper burgers are bursting with gut friendly flavors thanks to Fody’s Steak Seasoning & Shallot Infused Olive Oil. Don’t forget to top them with Fody’s Original Ketchup for the ultimate easy, delicious and easy-to-digest barbecue recipe!
Ingredients for Fody's Jalapeño Popper Burgers
- 4 oz lactose free cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 jalapeños, deseeded and minced
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 5 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp Fody’s Steak Seasoning
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ cup scallions, chopped green parts only
- 1 tbsp Fody’s Shallot Infused Olive Oil
- 4 gluten free burger buns
- Fody’s Ketchup for serving
- Lettuce for serving
Directions for Fody's Jalapeño Popper Burgers
- To start your homemade jalapeño popper burgers, prepare the filling. In a medium mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese, cheddar cheese, diced jalapeños, salt & pepper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add ground beef, cayenne pepper and Fody’s Steak Seasoning, mixing to combine.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat Fody’s Shallot Infused Olive Oil until just shimmering, then add diced scallions, sauteeing until tender. Remove from the pan using a slotted spoon and add to beef mixture, folding in to combine.
- Form the beef mixture into 8 large, thin patties. Spoon ¼ of the cream cheese mixture on top of 4 of the patties, then place the empty patties on top. Pinch edges to seal the burger, reshaping the patties into a disk if necessary.
- Chill the burgers in the fridge for 4 hours and up to overnight.
- When you’re ready to cook your homemade jalapeño popper patties, re-heat the grill to medium high heat. Once the grill is preheated, place the patties on the grill and cook for 6-8 minutes on each side for medium-medium well.
- Serve your homemade jalapeño popper patties on gluten free burger buns slathered with Fody’s Original Ketchup and topped with lettuce.
About the Chef
Kimberly, the creator behind Pretty Delicious Life, began developing Low FODMAP friendly recipes in late 2017 after being diagnosed with SIBO/IBS. In order to work towards healing, she adopted a gluten free, low FODMAP diet and quickly realized she had a knack and passion for developing gut friendly recipes. She made it her mission to not only develop delicious meals + treats, but to create recipes that felt exciting for everyone. She believes that while healing can feel isolating, food is a vehicle to bring us together which is why all of her recipes are designed with the whole family in mind.
At Pretty Delicious Life, you will find delicious, healthy, gut-friendly recipes anyone will enjoy! You can follow along with her Instagram @prettydeliciouslife or check out her website www.prettydeliciouslife.comfor more deliciousness!
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.