Prep Time: 5 Min
Cook Time: 15 Min
Makes 4 servings
Fody's Low FODMAP Taco Sloppy Joes
Description of Fody's Low FODMAP Taco Sloppy Joes
A classic Sloppy Joe is based on ground beef, but we have lightened it up with ground turkey - and added Tex-Mex flavor with Fody Low FODMAP Taco Sauce (and a dash of Fody Taco Seasoning, as an additional option).
This is a perfect weeknight low FODMAP dinner - it’s made in one pan and you can get it on the table in 20 minutes if you are organized. The seasoned ground turkey mixture is piled onto rolls right before serving - you can choose from low FODMAP gluten-free bread rolls or even low FODMAP sourdough rolls.
Low FODMAP Taco Sloppy Joes Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon Fody Low FODMAP Garlic-Infused Olive Oil or Shallot-Infused Olive Oil
- ½ cup (32 g) finely chopped scallion greens, divided
- 1 red or green bell pepper, cored and finely diced, (or half of each)
- 1 pound (455 g) ground turkey
- ½ cup (120 ml) Fody Low FODMAP Taco Sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Fody Taco Seasoning, optional
- 4 low FODMAP rolls, split, toasted if desired
Directions for Low FODMAP Sloppy Joes
Heat your Fody Infused oil of choice in a large skillet over low-medium heat. Add the scallions and diced bell pepper and sauté until beginning to soften, but still crisp. Add the turkey, breaking up as you go and sauté until most of the turkey’s pink color is gone, then add Fody Taco Sauce and water, stirring everything together well. Keep sautéing for a minute or two until the turkey is cooked through; taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and add Fody Taco Seasoning, if you like. Spoon onto the bottom half of the split rolls, put tops of rolls in place and serve immediately.
About the Chef
Dédé Wilson is the author of 17 cookbooks, including co-author of The Low FODMAP Diet: Step By Step.
Recipe brought to you by FODMAP Everyday® where we help you thrive while following the Low FODMAP Diet.
This original Low FODMAP recipe was created by recipe developer and author Dédé Wilson. You can find many more original Low FODMAP recipes, food and diet guidance as well as resources, support and more at FODMAP Everyday®.fodmapeveryday.com
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.