Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Makes 5 servings
Fody’s Turkey Meatballs with BBQ Cranberry Sauce
These turkey meatballs are a perfect holiday appetizer, served in a deliciously flavorful bbq cranberry sauce. They’re super easy to make too! The meatballs come together simply in one bowl and bake, while the three-ingredient sauce heats up on the stove.
Ingredients for Fody’s Turkey Meatballs with BBQ Cranberry Sauce
- 1 lb. 90% lean ground turkey
- ¼ grated pecorino romano or parmesan cheese
- ½ cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped, divided
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp Fody’s Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 1 cup Fody’s Original BBQ Sauce
- ½ cup canned cranberry sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
Directions for Fody’s Turkey Meatballs with BBQ Cranberry Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- To a large mixing bowl, add ground turkey, cheese, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, basil, 3 tbsp of the finely chopped parsley, egg, and Dijon mustard. Gently mix to fully incorporate.
- Form mixture into meatballs, arranging them into rows on the parchment paper. You’re looking to make 20 meatballs, and they’ll be 1 to 1 ½ inches thick. Gently brush meatballs with garlic oil to top surface of meatballs. Bake for 15-17 minutes, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, add bbq sauce, cranberry sauce, and brown sugar to a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir well and bring to a gentle simmer then cook 2-3 min, breaking up chunks of cranberry sauce. Remove from heat and very carefully blend using an immersion blender or blender if desired, for a smoother sauce. Gently toss meatballs in sauce to coat. Serve any remaining sauce as a dipping sauce. Place onto toothpicks for serving, or transfer to a serving plate and sprinkle with remaining 1 tbsp chopped parsley.
About the Chef
Janet Gronnow is the recipe creator and food photographer behind the popular blog Munch Meals by Janet and the @janetsmunchmeals Instagram account. Janet shares approachable, delicious meals for foodies and families, focusing on simple ingredients and preparations that pack big flavor.
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.