Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Makes 6 servings
Fody’s Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta with Tofu Ricotta & Spinach Salad
This creamy low-FODMAP pasta is filling, satisfying and full of flavor. It’s also plant-based and topped with a delicious homemade tofu ricotta, artichokes and sun-dried tomatoes. Serve your sun-dried tomato pasta with this bright spinach salad finished with Fody’s Maple Dijon dressing, blue cheese crumbles, and toasted pine nuts.
Ingredients for Fody’s Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
- ½ lb. gluten-free shell pasta
- 1 tbsp Fody’s Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 1 large handful baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 jar Fody’s Marinara
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 5 oz. baby spinach
- ¼ to 1/3 cup Fody’s Maple Dijon Dressing, to taste
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2/3 cup blue cheese crumbles
Ingredients for the Tofu Ricotta
- 1 cup extra-firm tofu, drained and gently squeezed to remove excess moisture
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- ¼ cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
Directions for Fody’s Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta with Tofu Ricotta and Spinach Salad
- To start your low-FODMAP sun-dried tomato pasta, salt your pasta water and cook it according to the package directions, adding around 2 tbsp of kosher salt to the pasta water. Cook until al dente, drain and transfer to a serving bowl.
- While the pasta cooks, add all the ingredients for the homemade tofu ricotta to a food processor. Blend until the mixture is nearly smooth. Transfer the tofu ricotta to a mixing bowl.
- Add Fody’s garlic oil and spinach to a large pan on medium heat. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring often until just wilted. Transfer the spinach to a mixing bowl and gently stir into the tofu ricotta to combine.
- Add marinara to a large pan. Note: You can use the same pan you used to cook the spinach. Warm the sauce over medium-low heat until it’s gently simmering. Pour it over the pasta and stir well. Add dollops of tofu ricotta over pasta. Partially stir in the ricotta. Top with fresh parsley.
- To make the salad, add spinach to a serving bowl or a platter. Add Fody’s maple dijon dressing and toss well. Top with toasted pine nuts and blue cheese crumbles.
About the Chef
Janet Gronnow is the recipe creator and food photographer behind the popular blog Munch Meals by Janet and the @janetsmunchmeals Instagram account. Janet shares approachable, delicious meals for foodies and families, focusing on simple ingredients and preparations that pack big flavor.
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.