Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Makes 4 servings
Fody’s Turkey Meatball Subs
Sandwich lovers rejoice, Fody’s Turkey Meatball Subs are here! These easy-to-make, baked sandwiches are made with gut friendly, easy-to-digest ingredients like Fody’s Steak Seasoning, Ketchup and Marinara sauce. These meatball subs come together in just 30 minutes and can be made any night of the week; you can also meal prep the gut-healthy meatballs ahead of time to enjoy an easy weeknight meal any day.
Ingredients for Fody’s Turkey Meatball Subs
For the meatballs
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tbsp Fody’s Steak Seasoning
- ¼ cup Fody’s Ketchup
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
For the subs
- 4 gluten free sub rolls
- 4 slices provolone cheese, cut in half
- ½ cup Fody’s Marinara sauce
- Fresh parsley for garnish
Directions for Fody’s Turkey Meatball Subs
- Pre-heat oven to 425 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground turkey with Fody’s steak seasoning, Fody’s ketchup, dried basil, dried oregano, egg and grated parmesan cheese. Mix together using your hands or a wooden spoon.
- Form mixture into 2” meatballs and place on the baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through. Once cooked, remove from the oven & set aside. Set the oven to broil.
- Slice sub rolls in half lengthwise and place on a baking sheet. Add halved provolone slices on the top half of each bun. Broil until the cheese has just melted, being mindful to keep a close watch on the buns so they do not burn! You want the bun to be slightly golden & the cheese to be melted but not browned.
- Warm Fody’s marinara sauce in a pot on the stove over medium low heat or in a microwave safe bowl.
- Once the buns are toasted, your gut healthy turkey meatball subs are ready. Top the bottom halves with meatballs, then drizzle marinara sauce over top. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and replace the top half of the bun with cheese.
About the Chef
Kimberly, the creator behind Pretty Delicious Life, began developing Low FODMAP friendly recipes in late 2017 after being diagnosed with SIBO/IBS. In order to work towards healing, she adopted a gluten free, low FODMAP diet and quickly realized she had a knack and passion for developing gut friendly recipes. She made it her mission to not only develop delicious meals + treats, but to create recipes that felt exciting for everyone. She believes that while healing can feel isolating, food is a vehicle to bring us together which is why all of her recipes are designed with the whole family in mind.
At Pretty Delicious Life, you will find delicious, healthy, gut-friendly recipes anyone will enjoy! You can follow along with her Instagram @prettydeliciouslife or check out her website www.prettydeliciouslife.comfor more deliciousness!
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.