Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Makes 6 servings
Fody’s Salsa Verde Beef Meximelt (A Taco Bell Copycat Recipe)
Taco Bell fans rejoice! You can now enjoy a fan favorite recipe, the Beef Meximelt, and avoid any digestive discomfort in the process. Not only will you love it, but the whole family will go crazy for this discontinued menu item that you can now make easily in minutes at home with minimal mess & cooking time! This Beef Meximelt copycat recipe gets its flavor from Fody’s Taco Seasoning & Garlic Infused Olive Oil, and it gets its mouth-watering zest from Fody’s Salsa Verde. This simple, bloat-free recipe is as quick as fast food, but it makes your tummy ten times happier!
Ingredients for Fody’s Salsa Verde Beef Meximelt Copycat Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 tsp Fody’s Taco Seasoning
- 2 tsp Fody’s Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- ½ cup water
- 6 large gluten free flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup diced cherry tomato
- ¾ cup Fody’s Salsa Verde
Directions for Fody’s Salsa Verde Beef Meximelt Copycat Recipe
- Grease a large skillet with 2 tsp of Fody’s Garlic Infused Olive Oil and warm over medium high heat. Once oil begins to shimmer, add ground beef and cook until browned, breaking up with a spatula while cooking.
- Once the meat is browned, drain the pan of the grease and return to the heat. Add water and Fody’s Taco Seasoning, continuing to break up the meat into fine crumbles. Allow the mixture to simmer for 5-10 minutes until it becomes saucy, then remove from the heat.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave. To do this, wrap each tortilla in a damp paper towel and heat for 10-15 seconds to soften.
- Fill one end of each tortilla with the meat mixture, then top with shredded cheese, cherry tomatoes & Fody’s Salsa Verde. Tuck the sides in and roll into a burrito shape.
- To melt the cheese in your Beef Meximelt copycat, wrap the tortilla in a damp paper towel again and microwave for another 10-15 seconds until steamy. Serve warm.
About the Chef
Kimberly, the creator behind Pretty Delicious Life, began developing Low FODMAP friendly recipes in late 2017 after being diagnosed with SIBO/IBS. In order to work towards healing, she adopted a gluten free, low FODMAP diet and quickly realized she had a knack and passion for developing gut friendly recipes. She made it her mission to not only develop delicious meals + treats, but to create recipes that felt exciting for everyone. She believes that while healing can feel isolating, food is a vehicle to bring us together which is why all of her recipes are designed with the whole family in mind.
At Pretty Delicious Life, you will find delicious, healthy, gut-friendly recipes anyone will enjoy! You can follow along with her Instagram @prettydeliciouslife or check out her website www.prettydeliciouslife.comfor more deliciousness!
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.