Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Makes 6 servings
Fody’s Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes
These DIY Sloppy Joes are NOT your average sandwich!These babies were inspired by the iconic Philly Cheesesteak sandwich and feature a gut-friendly savory sauce made with ingredients like Fody’s Steak Seasoning and Fody’s Unsweetened Ketchup. These Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joe’s are the perfect family friendly weeknight meal, and they’re an easy, delicious recipe to meal-prep ahead of time!. And the best part? This is a gut-friendly recipe that won’t leave you feeling bloated or uncomfortable. Serve these homemade Sloppy Joes with sauteed green beans or a side salad.
Ingredients for Fody’s Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp Fody’s Unsweetened Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp Fody’s Steak Seasoning
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup beef broth, fodmap friendly
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 6 gluten free hamburger buns
Directions for Fody’s Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes
- To start your homemade Sloppy Joes, brown the ground beef a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Once the beef is browned, remove from the skillet and set aside in a separate bowl. To the same skillet, add diced green peppers and saute until soft. Once the peppers are cooked, add the ground beef back to the pan.
- Next add the beef broth, Fody’s Original Ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, Fody’s Steak Seasoning & pepper to the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes until the liquid is reduced by about half.
- Remove the beef mixture from the heat. Shred the provolone slices and add to the beef, gently stirring and tossing to melt the cheese & incorporate into the beef mixture.
- Serve your Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes on lightly toasted gluten free hamburger buns.
About the Chef
Kimberly, the creator behind Pretty Delicious Life, began developing Low FODMAP friendly recipes in late 2017 after being diagnosed with SIBO/IBS. In order to work towards healing, she adopted a gluten free, low FODMAP diet and quickly realized she had a knack and passion for developing gut friendly recipes. She made it her mission to not only develop delicious meals + treats, but to create recipes that felt exciting for everyone. She believes that while healing can feel isolating, food is a vehicle to bring us together which is why all of her recipes are designed with the whole family in mind.
At Pretty Delicious Life, you will find delicious, healthy, gut-friendly recipes anyone will enjoy! You can follow along with her Instagram @prettydeliciouslife or check out her website www.prettydeliciouslife.comfor more deliciousness!
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.