Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Makes 4 servings
Fody’s Gluten Free Homemade Chicken Nuggets with Zesty Ketchup
Your favorite childhood meal just got a fodmap friendly upgrade! These melt in your mouth delicious Gluten Free Homemade Chicken Nuggets are the nostalgic nosh you’ve been waiting for. Better than frozen nuggets and totally worth the minimal effort, you’ll be enjoying a gluten free kid friendly meal in just 30 minutes. Don’t forget to make the zesty dipping sauce using Fody’s Ketchup to really uplevel this special, yet easy weeknight meal the whole family is bound to enjoy!
Fody’s Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets with Zesty Ketchup Ingredients:
For the Gluten Free Homemade Chicken Nuggets
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into small nugget-sized pieces
- ½ cup gluten free, low fodmap flour like a rice based flour blend
- ¼ cup gluten free Panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp white pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
For the Zesty Ketchup
- ¼ cup Fody’s Ketchup
- ½ tsp coconut sugar
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp all spice
Directions for Fody’s Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets with Zesty Ketchup
- Preheat oven to 450F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking liner.
- Place the gluten free flour, breadcrumbs and spices in a large mixing bowl, mixing gently with a fork to combine. Alternatively, you can also add each of these ingredients to a large zip-top bag for easy cooking & cleanup.
- Cut the chicken into pieces about 1” long and .5” thick.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the eggs. Then dredge chicken pieces in the egg mixture and add to the flour mixture bowl or bag.
- Continue with remaining pieces of chicken. If using the bowl method, toss gently to coat, if using the bag method, carefully and securely seal the top of the bag and shake chicken pieces until they are fully coated.
- Place the gluten-free homemade chicken nuggets onto the baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and internal temperature reaches 165F.
- While the gluten-free chicken nuggets are cooking, whip up the zesty ketchup. Add all ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
About the Chef
Kimberly, the creator behind Pretty Delicious Life, began developing Low FODMAP friendly recipes in late 2017 after being diagnosed with SIBO/IBS. In order to work towards healing, she adopted a gluten free, low FODMAP diet and quickly realized she had a knack and passion for developing gut friendly recipes. She made it her mission to not only develop delicious meals + treats, but to create recipes that felt exciting for everyone. She believes that while healing can feel isolating, food is a vehicle to bring us together which is why all of her recipes are designed with the whole family in mind.
At Pretty Delicious Life, you will find delicious, healthy, gut-friendly recipes anyone will enjoy! You can follow along with her Instagram @prettydeliciouslife or check out her website www.prettydeliciouslife.comfor more deliciousness!
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.