Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
Makes 8-12 servings
Fody’s Game Day BBQ Quesadilla Platter
Make game day even more delicious with this gut healthy BBQ Quesadilla Platter! Featuring Fody’s Original, Maple & Chipotle BBQ sauces paired with the most delicious meats, cheeses & veggies, this easy game day is a crowd pleaser that’s as easy to whip up as it is to digest. Serve it alongside your favorite Fody Salsas for a true game day treat!
Ingredients for Fody’s Game Day BBQ Quesadilla Platter:
12 large gluten free flour tortillas
For the Maple BBQ Pulled Pork Quesadilla
- ½ lb pork shoulder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ - ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ cup Fody’s Maple BBQ Sauce
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup pineapple chunks
For the Original BBQ Chicken Quesadillas
- 1 large chicken breast, cubed
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Fody’s Shallot Infused Olive Oil (for cooking the chicken)
- ½ cup shredded gouda, swiss or white cheddar cheese
- ½ cup Fody’s Original BBQ sauce
- ½ green pepper, cut into strips
For the Chipotle BBQ Veggie Quesadilla
- 1 cup oyster mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 1 tbsp Fody’s Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- ½ cup goat cheese crumbles
- ½ cup Fody’s Chipotle BBQ Sauce
- Lactose free sour cream or greek yogurt
- Your favorite Fody Salsas
Directions for Fody’s Game Day BBQ Quesadilla Platter:
- To make this gut healthy BBQ quesadilla platter, prepare the pulled pork first, as this will need the most time to cook. Add pork shoulder, to the basin of a slow cooker, then coat with spices and Fody’s Maple BBQ Sauce. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
- When the pork has about 30 minutes left to cook, prepare the chicken. In a large mixing bowl, toss the cubed chicken & green peppers with salt & pepper. Heat 1 tbsp Fody’s Shallot Infused Olive Oil over medium heat. Once oil is shimmering, add chicken and peppers to the pan, cooking for about 20 minutes until chicken is cooked fully through. Remove from the pan & set aside.
- Next, in the same pan you used to cook the chicken & peppers, heat 1 tbsp Fody’s Garlic Infused Olive Oil until just shimmering. Add diced mushrooms & kale, cooking until soft, about 10 minutes. Once cooked, toss with Fody’s Chipotle BBQ Sauce.
- By now the pork is fully cooked. To shred the meat for your BBQ quesadilla, use two forks in a pulling motion. You can also use an electric mixer on low speed for a quick and easy kitchen hack!
- Once all fillings are prepared, assemble the quesadillas. Place tortilla on a sheet pan and add BBQ fillings, then sprinkle with cheese. For the pulled pork quesadillas, add the pineapple chunks last, then top all quesadillas with remaining tortillas. Bake in the oven until cheese melts and tortillas are browned, about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve your gut healthy BBQ quesadilla platter with lactose free greek yogurt or sour cream and your favorite Fody salsas for dipping.
About the Chef
Kimberly, the creator behind Pretty Delicious Life, began developing Low FODMAP friendly recipes in late 2017 after being diagnosed with SIBO/IBS. In order to work towards healing, she adopted a gluten free, low FODMAP diet and quickly realized she had a knack and passion for developing gut friendly recipes. She made it her mission to not only develop delicious meals + treats, but to create recipes that felt exciting for everyone. She believes that while healing can feel isolating, food is a vehicle to bring us together which is why all of her recipes are designed with the whole family in mind.
At Pretty Delicious Life, you will find delicious, healthy, gut-friendly recipes anyone will enjoy! You can follow along with her Instagram @prettydeliciouslife or check out her website www.prettydeliciouslife.comfor more deliciousness!
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.