Low FODMAP Ricotta and Marinara Appetizer
Low FODMAP ricotta made with almonds and Fody's Low FODMAP Marinara Sauce make this delectable warm appetizer completely safe for IBS sufferers. Paired with your favorite sourdough or gluten-free bread, anyone you share this Low FODMAP appetizer with will thoroughly enjoy all of the flavors the oregano and Italian seasonings add.
- 1 Jar Fody's Low FODMAP Tomato Basil Sauce
- ¼ cup chives (fresh or freeze-dried)
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning (ingredients are typically marjoram, basil, rosemary, thyme, oregano, savory, and sage - I used Aldi brand as it is onion and garlic free)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/3 cup dairy-free ricotta cheese (I prefer Kite Hill)
- 5 leaves fresh basil, chopped
Preheat oven to 375℉.
Add Low FODMAP tomato sauce and spices to the sauce pan (minus the fresh basil). Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
Place the Low FODMAP ricotta “cheese” in the center of the bottom of a small sautee pan. Cover the sides of the pan with the marinara sauce leaving the center “cheese” exposed.
Bake for 20 minutes.
Removed from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
Sprinkle with fresh basil leaves and serve with your favorite gluten free or sourdough bread or crostini.
About the Chef
Tara Deal Rochford
Tara is a healthy living blogger, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, certified personal trainer and group fitness instructor.trebleinthekitchen.com
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.