Fody's Ultimate Plant-Based Recipe Roundup
Plant-based eating is having a moment, but for people with digestive issues, the lifestyle comes with its share of concerns. Myths about plant-based eating causing bloating and uncomfortable gas abound, but we’re here to assure you that gut-healthy eating is all about selecting low-FODMAP ingredients for your recipes—and yes, those ingredients can mainly involve plants! Today, we’ve rounded up our favorite low-FODMAP plant-based recipes to help get you started.
Let’s start simple: appetizers. There are two key points to hit for the perfect low-FODMAP plant-based appetizer: tons of flavor, and bloat-free ingredients. For these recipes, you’ll be using gut-friendly seasonings to pack a flavor punch.
- Fody’s Sliced Veggies with Homemade Ranch Dip: Plain old vegetables may seem like an obvious place to start, but hold on: Fody’s Ranch-style seasoning makes these veggies a light, delicious starter to whet your appetite!
- Fody’s Spicy Oven-Baked Fries: What would a plant-based diet be without potatoes? These spicy oven-baked fries get their flavor and snap from Fody’s Taco Seasoning and a low-FODMAP ketchup dip. Guaranteed to impress everyone, plant-based or not!
- Garlicky Low FODMAP Hummus. Yep, you read that right. This recipe packs a garlicky punch but maintains its gut-friendly status thanks to Fody’s Garlic-Infused Olive Oil.
A plant-based lunch, on the other hand, should be filling. That means two things: incorporating healthy fats, and protein. While we typically think of protein as something you find in a big juicy steak or a chicken breast, sources of plant-based protein are abundant. From nuts and nut butters to seeds, legumes and pulses, there are myriad ways to get your dose of protein in your lunch to keep you going through the day. The best news? Healthy sources of fat and protein in your meals are proven to help you stay full, for longer.
- Low FODMAP Quinoa Salad with Kale and Sweet Potato: Quinoa is an excellent source of plant-based protein, and that’s not all! This salad also gets you a good dose of protein and healthy fats thanks to almonds. Finally, it all comes together thanks to a creamy Maple Dijon salad dressing.
- Sandwich for lunch? Yes please! This BBQ Tempeh Sandwich with Parsnip Fries is a crunchy, creamy, umami spin on lunch that will have you watching the clock all day!
- Let’s get some protein-packed legumes in thanks to this Burrito Bowl with Chickpeas, which is as easy to take on-the-go as it is to devour!
Let’s talk about fiber. Fiber is a carbohydrate which isn’t broken down by the stomach and passes through the intestines mostly undigested. It helps regulate the body’s use of sugar, as well as helping keep you…regular, which is good news for anyone who experiences digestive challenges. These plant-based recipes are packed with protein and fiber, so that you’re taking care of your body while enjoying your dinner, every single day. Plant-based sauces, marinades and seasonings are key not only to making great-tasting dinners, but also to creating variety that keeps your healthy, plant-based diet exciting!
- One-Pot Veggie Pappardelle Bolognese: This pasta dish isn’t just gut-friendly and plant-based; it’s also quick and easy as could be, coming together in just 20 minutes for the ultimate no-bloat weeknight dinner.
- For those cold winter nights, opt for Fody’s Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili. Fody’s Vegan Bolognese sauce does most of the work in getting this recipe flavorful without onions or garlic, so you can enjoy all the taste without the discomfort. For another protein-packed variation, check out this tempeh-lentil chili!
- Low FODMAP Vegetable Fried Rice with Teriyaki Sauce: Healthier than takeout and just as delicious, this gut-friendly vegetable fried rice gets its rich flavor from Fody’s Teriyaki Sauce and Marinade.
Gut-healthy, plant based eating has never been easier! Check out our blog to discover more information about eating a no-bloat plant-based diet, and explore our recipes to see for yourself just how many ways plant-based eating can be delicious!