Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Makes 16 servings
Fody's Low FODMAP Shrimp Tortilla Bites
Looking for a fancy hors d’oeuvre that's easy to make? These tiny Low FODMAP shrimp bites perched on tortilla scoops feature a dollop of guacamole and zesty taco-flavored shrimp using Fody Taco Seasoning and Fody Taco Sauce. This Low FODMAP appetizer recipe is super simple to make; just assemble your shrimp bites right before serving (or the tortilla scoops will get soggy). When you shop for the tortilla scoops, a bag that is about 14-ounces (400 g) will contain plenty, so that you can pick out the 65 perfectly shaped ones (not broken) that you need.
Fody's Low FODMAP Shrimp Tortilla Bites Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons Fody's Low FODMAP Taco Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Fody Garlic-Infused Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Fody's Low FODMAP Taco Seasoning
- 1-pound (445 g) peeled and deveined medium shrimp, thawed if frozen
- 14-ounces (400 g) diced, peeled ripe avocado (remember, up to 1/8th of an avocado is considered Low FODMAP)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ cup (16 g) finely minced scallion greens (only scallion greens are Low FODMAP)
- ¼ to 1/2 jalapeño, seeded and ribbed, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Kosher salt
- Low FODMAP tortilla scoops
Directions for Fody's Low FODMAP Shrimp Tortilla Bites
In a large non-reactive bowl, whisk together Fody Taco Sauce, Fody Garlic-Infused Olive Oil, lime juice, and Fody Taco Seasoning. Add shrimp and toss until fully coated. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
Meanwhile, make your Low FODMAP guacamole. In a medium non-reactive bowl mash the avocado, then stir in lime juice, scallion greens, jalapeño and cilantro. Taste and season with salt.
Right before serving, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook shrimp, with their marinade, until pink, opaque and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side – or even less. Do not over cook.
Arrange tortilla scoops on a platter. Dollop guacamole into scoops, then top each with a shrimp and serve your Low FODMAP appetizer immediately.
About the Chef
Dédé Wilson is the author of 17 cookbooks, including co-author of The Low FODMAP Diet: Step By Step.
Recipe brought to you by FODMAP Everyday® where we help you thrive while following the Low FODMAP Diet.
This original Low FODMAP recipe was created by recipe developer and author Dédé Wilson. You can find many more original Low FODMAP recipes, food and diet guidance as well as resources, support and more at FODMAP Everyday®.fodmapeveryday.com
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.