Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Makes 4 servings
Fody's Low FODMAP Turkey Burger with Maple BBQ Sauce
We love turkey burgers because we get to have a burger without the higher fat content of beef. Turkey has a tendency to be dry, so we've developed an approach that keeps these turkey burgers super moist. The only caveat is that they are so moist they have to be made as skillet burgers instead of being grilled. To add a smokey flavor we've added optional liquid smoke to the ingredient list. Liquid smoke is made from water and condensed smoke and is Low FODMAP. Fody's Maple BBQ Sauce is the perfect condiment and we use it in the ground turkey mixture to flavor the burger as well as on top, as a condiment to top off the skillet burger.
Fody's Low FODMAP Turkey Burger with Maple BBQ Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 pound (455 g) ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon Fody Maple BBQ Sauce, plus extra for serving
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped scallion greens (remember, only greens are Low FODMAP)
- 1 large egg, beaten well
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke, such as Wright’s Hickory Liquid Smoke; optional
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon Fody Garlic or Shallot-Infused Low FODMAP Olive Oil
- 4 low FODMAP rolls; sourdough or other
- Sliced tomato & Lettuce; optional
- Pickled jalapeno; optional
Directions for Fody's Low FODMAP Turkey Burger with Maple BBQ Sauce
In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey, 1 tablespoon Fody Maple BBQ Sauce, red bell pepper, scallions, egg and liquid smoke, if using. Season lightly with salt and generously with pepper. Mix together thoroughly; the mixture will be moist. Allow mixture to sit for about 5 minutes. Form four turkey patties; I use an ice cream scoop to help.
Heat the butter and oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until butter is melted. Add the patties and cook for about 4 minutes or until the bottom develops a nice sear and you can see that the meat is about halfway cooked through. Flip turkey burgers over and continue to cook until they are thoroughly cooked. Serve on Low FODMAP buns with tomato and lettuce, if using, and additional Fody Maple BBQ Sauce. If you prefer a spicy turkey burger, pickled jalapeños make for a nice, optional addition too.
About the Chef
Dédé Wilson is the author of 17 cookbooks, including co-author of The Low FODMAP Diet: Step By Step.
Recipe brought to you by FODMAP Everyday® where we help you thrive while following the Low FODMAP Diet.
This original Low FODMAP recipe was created by recipe developer and author Dédé Wilson. You can find many more original Low FODMAP recipes, food and diet guidance as well as resources, support and more at FODMAP Everyday®.fodmapeveryday.com
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.