Makes 4 fajitas; 4 servings
Description of Fody's Sheet Pan Low FODMAP Chicken Fajitas
This hearty yet healthy one-pan, gluten-free low FODMAP dinner recipe for chicken fajitas comes together very easily, especially since it uses the convenience of Fody's Low FODMAP Taco Sauce and Taco Seasoning. You can use boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs or a combo. I love thighs, because they are juicier but it is your choice.
Fody's Low FODMAP Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- 1 tablespoon Fody Low FODMAP Garlic-Infused Olive Oil
- 1-pound (455 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thighs or a combination, cut across the grain into large bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup (64 g) chopped scallion greens
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored and cut into strips
- 1 large green bell pepper, cored and cut into strips
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Fody Low FODMAP Taco Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Fody Low FODMAP Taco Seasoning
- 4, 8 to 10-inch (20 cm to 25 cm) low FODMAP, gluten-free flour tortillas, such as brown-rice tortillas
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Directions for Fody's Low FODMAP Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
Position one oven rack about 4-inches (10 cm) from broiler. Position another rack in the lower third of oven. Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
Pour oil on rimmed baking pan then add chicken, peppers and scallions; toss to coat. Drizzle Fody Taco Sauce over all and sprinkle the Fody Taco Seasoning over in an even layer. Toss everything together very well to season evenly.
Wrap the tortillas in aluminum foil and place on lower oven rack.
Place chicken and vegetables on upper rack and cook for about 15 minutes, stirring mixture around once during cooking time. Turn the broiler on to high. Broil until the chicken and vegetables show char marks here and there and until the chicken is cooked through. This will just be a minute or two.
Remove everything from the oven. Stir cilantro and lime juice into chicken and vegetables. Stuff the low FODMAP chicken and veggies into warm tortillas.
About the Chef
Dédé Wilson is the author of 17 cookbooks, including co-author of The Low FODMAP Diet: Step By Step. Recipe brought to you by FODMAP Everyday® where we help you thrive while following the Low FODMAP Diet.
This original low FODMAP recipe was created by recipe developer and author Dédé Wilson. You can find many more original low FODMAP recipes, food and diet guidance as well as resources, support and more at FODMAP Everyday®.