Makes 4 servings, yields 4 1/2 cups
Low FODMAP Quinoa Salad With Kale & Sweet Potato
Fody's Low FODMAP Quinoa Salad With Kale & Sweet Potato Ingredients
- 1 ½ cups peeled and cubed sweet potato (about ½-inch cubes)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 ½ teaspoons Fody Foods Low FODMAP Vegetable Base
- 1 cup uncooked Bob’s Red Mill Tri-Color or Red Quinoa
- 1 cup shredded kale, ribs removed
- ½ cup Fody Foods Low FODMAP Maple Dijon Salad Dressing
- ¼ cup sliced green onion tops (green parts only)
- ¼ cup (24 grams) sliced almonds
Directions for Fody's Low FODMAP Quinoa Salad With Kale & Sweet Potato
Preheat oven to 475°F. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
Toss sweet potato cubes with olive oil and place in a single, even layer on the prepared baking sheet. Roast for 8 minutes. Stir and continue roasting for 8-10 minutes or until sweet potatoes are fork-tender and edges are just starting to brown. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring water to a boil in a 2-quart pot. Stir in Fody Foods Low FODMAP Vegetable Base until dissolved. Add Bob’s Red Mill Tri-Color Quinoa and return to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium and simmer until water is absorbed, about 12 minutes. Remove from heat, fluff, cover, and let stand for 15 minutes.
In a large bowl, add the cooked quinoa, roasted sweet potato, shredded kale, Fody Foods Low FODMAP Maple Dijon Salad Dressing, green onion tops (green parts only), and sliced almonds. Toss until everything is well mixed. Serve this salad at room temperature or chilled.
About the Chef
Em Schwartz, MS, RDN, LD is a registered dietitian, recipe developer, and creator of the low FODMAP recipe website, Fun Without FODMAPs. She has completed Monash University’s FODMAP training for dietitians. Em enjoys combining her nutritional science background, personal experience with IBS, and love of food to create easy low FODMAP recipes and help you live well with IBS. Find more on Fun Without FODMAPs.
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.