Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 12 minutes
Makes 4 servings
Description of Fody's Korean Beef & Mushroom Low FODMAP Stir-Fry
Fody low FODMAP sauces, like Fody Korean BBQ Sauce, are incredibly versatile. You can add them to finished dishes as a condiment, or you can use them as part of the cooking process; this recipe uses the Fody Korean BBQ sauce both as a low FODMAP stir-fry sauce and a low FODMAP condiment. In addition to the sauce, this Korean beef low FODMAP stir-fry features oyster mushrooms, no-FODMAP red bell peppers, carrots, rice, and tender rib-eye steak. This easy weeknight dinner is ready well-within 30 minutes.
Wondering if Kimchi is low FODMAP? Monash University has actually lab tested it, and determined that a 47 g (about ¼ cup) serving of Kimchi is Low FODMAP diet friendly. In this stir-fry recipe, it makes a great addition to top off this hearty bowl.
Fody's Korean Beef & Mushroom Stir-Fry Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon Fody Garlic-Infused Low FODMAP Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 8-ounces (225 g) rib-eye, thinly sliced across the grain into large bite-sized strips
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8-ounces (225 g) trimmed oyster mushrooms, cut into thick slices
- 1 medium carrot, trimmed and peeled and cut into thin rounds crosswise or on a diagonal
- ½ red bell pepper, trimmed, cored and cut into thin strips
- ¾ cup (48 g) chopped scallion greens, divided
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Fody Korean BBQ Sauce, plus extra 6 cups (1.2 kg) cooked rice, white or brown, warm
- 1 cup (150 g) low FODMAP kimchi
Directions for Fody's Korean Beef & Mushroom Low FODMAP Stir-Fry
Heat a large skillet over high heat and add both Fody olive oils. Add the beef, season with salt and pepper, and stir-fry until the beef is about three-quarters cooked through (it should still show some pink).
Add mushrooms, carrot, red bell pepper, and half the scallion greens (do this by eye) and stir-fry for a couple more minutes or until vegetables have softened. Add ¼ cup (60 ml) Fody Korean BBQ Sauce, as a low FODMAP stir-fry sauce, stirring everything together well, and simmer for a few minutes or until the meat and vegetables are cooked to your liking.
Serve with rice, garnishing with remaining scallion greens, and offer low FODMAP kimchi. Drizzle with more Fody Korean BBQ Sauce, as a low FODMAP condiment if you like.
About the Chef
Dédé Wilson is the author of 17 cookbooks, including co-author of The Low FODMAP Diet: Step By Step.
Recipe brought to you by FODMAP Everyday® where we help you thrive while following the Low FODMAP Diet.
This original Low FODMAP recipe was created by recipe developer and author Dédé Wilson. You can find many more original Low FODMAP recipes, food and diet guidance as well as resources, support and more at FODMAP Everyday®.fodmapeveryday.com