Makes 8 servings
Description of Fody's Low FODMAP Spinach Feta Dip
Who doesn’t like a dip? Whether it's the Super Bowl, getting together in your backyard mid-summer or hosting a festive New Year’s soirée, dips work with the menu. And a warm dip always feels extra-special. This Low FODMAP Spinach Feta Dip can be served at cool room temperature or it can be heated, making it super versatile.
It is easy to make, yet looks impressive and works well with all sorts of low FODMAP snacks, from crackers to pretzels to vegetables.
Make sure to squeeze the defrosted frozen spinach very well. I like to use a clean linen towel and literally wring it out over the sink. You want it as dry as possible.
Fody's Low FODMAP Spinach Feta Dip Ingredients
- 8-ounces (225 g) creamy-textured feta, crumbled
- 3-ounces (85 g) frozen spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry
- ¼ cup (30 g) finely minced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons lactose-free cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons lactose-free yogurt or lactose-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons minced scallion greens
- 1 tablespoon Fody Low FODMAP Shallot-Infused Olive Oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Your choice of low FODMAP snack foods, such as low FODMAP crackers, pretzels, carrot sticks, cucumber spears, etc.
Directions for Fody's Low FODMAP Spinach Feta Dip
Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C, if you want a warm dip.
Stir together the feta, spinach, bell pepper, cream cheese, yogurt or sour cream, Parmesan, scallions and Fody Shallot-Infused Olive Oil in a mixing bowl until well combined. Season well with black pepper. Pack into serving dish, or an ovenproof dish, if heating.
The dip can be served at this point, or heated. (It can also be refrigerated overnight, covered well with plastic wrap. Bring back to a slightly cool room temperature before serving or baking).
If heating, bake the dip for about 10 minutes or until heated through. Serve with low FODMAP snacks while still hot/warm.
About the Chef
Dédé Wilson is the author of 17 cookbooks, including co-author of The Low FODMAP Diet: Step By Step. Recipe brought to you by FODMAP Everyday® where we help you thrive while following the Low FODMAP Diet.
This original low FODMAP recipe was created by recipe developer and author Dédé Wilson. You can find many more original low FODMAP recipes, food and diet guidance as well as resources, support and more at FODMAP Everyday®.