Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Makes 4-6 servings
Fody’s Tropical-Inspired Jamaican Jerk Burgers
Bring the island vibes home with this insanely delicious Tropical-inspired Jamaican Jerk burger recipe! Made using Fody’s Shallot Infused Olive Oil and topped with fresh, juicy mango, crunchy carrot slaw and Fody’s Medium Salsa, you’ll forget you’re not on vacation from the first bite. Serve with a side of your favorite salad greens or gluten-free pasta salad for truly transformative and healthy summer meal ideas!
Fody’s Tropical-Inspired Jamaican Jerk Burgers Ingredients:
- 2 lb ground beef (ideally 80/20)
- ¼ cup chopped green onion, green parts only
- 1 tbsp Fody’s Shallot Infused Olive Oil
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground clove
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 4 slices White Cheddar Cheese
For the Tropical Jamaican Jerk Burger topping
- ¼ cup mango, diced
- ½ cup Fody’s Medium Salsa
- ½ cup shredded carrots or slaw mix
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 gluten free buns
Directions for Fody’s Tropical Inspired Jamaican Jerk Burgers
- Preheat grill or place a cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together all spices, then in a large mixing bowl, mix up green onions and ground beef.
- Add spice mixture then Fody’s Shallot Oil to the ground beef mixture and mix well using your hands until everything is fully combined.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add diced mango, shredded carrots and Fody’s Medium Salsa, mixing well to combine. Set aside until your Jamaican jerk burgers are ready.
- Shape ground beef into 4 burger patties and set aside on a plate while you prepare the topping.
- Place the burger patties on the grill or cast iron pan once hot and cook 5-7 minutes, then flip and top with cheese cooking for another 5-7 minutes.
- When your Jamaican jerk burgers are finished, top with lettuce and tropical slaw on a gluten free bun and enjoy this healthy summer meal!
About the Chef
Kimberly, the creator behind Pretty Delicious Life, began developing Low FODMAP friendly recipes in late 2017 after being diagnosed with SIBO/IBS. In order to work towards healing, she adopted a gluten free, low FODMAP diet and quickly realized she had a knack and passion for developing gut friendly recipes. She made it her mission to not only develop delicious meals + treats, but to create recipes that felt exciting for everyone. She believes that while healing can feel isolating, food is a vehicle to bring us together which is why all of her recipes are designed with the whole family in mind.
At Pretty Delicious Life, you will find delicious, healthy, gut-friendly recipes anyone will enjoy! You can follow along with her Instagram @prettydeliciouslife or check out her website www.prettydeliciouslife.comfor more deliciousness!
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.