Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Makes 4 servings
Fody’s Caprese Chicken Salad
Uplevel the classic Italian caprese salad with juicy marinated grilled chicken for a filling, gut healthy lunch. Using Fody’s Marinara Sauce and Garlic Infused Olive Oil, this easy chicken salad is loaded with flavor in addition to nutrients and a satisfying crunch from the fresh veggies. Meal prep this gut friendly recipe for yourself for the week or enjoy as an easy weeknight dinner that whips up in just around 30 minutes!
Ingredients for Fody’s Caprese Chicken Salad:
For the Chicken & Marinade
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup Fody’s Marinara Sauce
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp Fody’s Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Salt & pepper to taste
For the Salad
- 2 cups romaine lettuce
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ½ avocado, sliced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- ½ cup mini mozzarella balls
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
Steps for Fody’s Caprese Chicken Salad
- In a glass jar with a lid, combine balsamic vinegar, Fody’s Garlic Infused Olive Oil, honey and herbs to make your gut-friendly salad dressing. Place the lid on tightly and shake until homogenous. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Add chicken breasts to a large container with a lid or zip top bag and pour about ⅓ of the mixture over the chicken breasts. Then pour in Fody’s Marinara Sauce, placing the lid on the container or sealing the bag tightly and shaking gently to fully coat the chicken breasts.
- While the chicken marinates, prep the veggies for your caprese chicken salad and preheat a skillet greased with pan spray on the stove over medium high heat.
- Once the skillet is hot, cook the chicken, about 5-7 minutes on each side or until the inside of the chicken has no pink & is cooked through. Once chicken is cooked remove from the skillet and allow to rest on a cutting board for 1-2 minutes before slicing into strips.
- Add all the ingredients for your caprese chicken salad to a bowl, then top with chicken & drizzle with remaining dressing.
About the Chef
Kimberly, the creator behind Pretty Delicious Life, began developing Low FODMAP friendly recipes in late 2017 after being diagnosed with SIBO/IBS. In order to work towards healing, she adopted a gluten free, low FODMAP diet and quickly realized she had a knack and passion for developing gut friendly recipes. She made it her mission to not only develop delicious meals + treats, but to create recipes that felt exciting for everyone. She believes that while healing can feel isolating, food is a vehicle to bring us together which is why all of her recipes are designed with the whole family in mind.
At Pretty Delicious Life, you will find delicious, healthy, gut-friendly recipes anyone will enjoy! You can follow along with her Instagram @prettydeliciouslife or check out her website www.prettydeliciouslife.comfor more deliciousness!
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.