Prep Time: 10 minutes
COOK Time: 35 minutes
Makes 4 servings
Description of Fody's Low FODMAP Roasted Chicken, Chickpeas & Peppers
Chicken is an easy-to-prepare protein that we reach for often – and we are always looking for new Low FODMAP chicken recipes. This one-pan dish combines chicken leg quarters, red and green bell peppers, Low FODMAP amounts of chickpeas, and spices. Serve with a green salad, which you can consider topping with Fody's Garden Herb Salad Dressing, along with white or brown rice (but feel to choose any of these Low FODMAP varieties).
Fody's Low FODMAP Roasted Chicken, Chickpeas & Peppers Ingredients:
- 4 medium-sized leg/thigh chicken quarters, skin on, at room temperature
- 5 ¾-ounces (160 g/about ¾ cup) canned, drained chickpeas
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored and cut into broad strips
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cored and cut into broad strips
- 2 tablespoons Fody Garlic-Infused Low FODMAP Olive Oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup (240 ml) Fody Low FODMAP Marinara Pasta Sauce
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ cup (16 g) chopped cilantro leaves; optional
Directions for Fody's Low FODMAP Roasted Chicken, Chickpeas & Peppers
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). On large rimmed baking sheet pan, place chicken pieces spaced apart. Scatter chickpeas and peppers around the chicken. Drizzle oil overall. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Whisk the Fody Low FODMAP Marinara Pasta sauce together with the vinegar, cumin, coriander and smoked paprika in a small bowl. Use a pastry brush to brush and dab the roasted chicken sauce mixture on the chicken pieces, chickpeas and peppers. Roast until chicken is golden brown and cooked through, about 30 to 35 minutes. Run under the broiler briefly if you want a bit of char. Sprinkle with cilantro, if you like, and serve your Low FODMAP dinner immediately.
About the Chef
Dédé Wilson is the author of 17 cookbooks, including co-author of The Low FODMAP Diet: Step By Step.
Recipe brought to you by FODMAP Everyday® where we help you thrive while following the Low FODMAP Diet.
This original Low FODMAP recipe was created by recipe developer and author Dédé Wilson. You can find many more original Low FODMAP recipes, food and diet guidance as well as resources, support and more at FODMAP Everyday®.fodmapeveryday.com