Makes 4 servings
Fody's Low FODMAP Tex-Mex Quick Chicken, Veggies & Quinoa
Description of Low FODMAP Flavor-Packed Tex-Mex Quick Chicken, Veggies & Quinoa
This low FODMAP recipe needed to check off many boxes for me:
- Quick to Make: CHECK!
- Easy to Make: CHECK!
- Accessible Ingredients: CHECK!
- Healthy: CHECK!
- Low Fat: CHECK!
- Flavor-Packed: CHECK!
That’s a lot to ask of one recipe, but I was determined. Especially the last one - because so many people complain that their low FODMAP foods and cooking lacks flavor. I am here to tell you that it is easy to make really delicious low FODMAP dinners, especially when you use high quality ingredients - fresh and prepared.
This recipe uses easy-to-find ingredients, like skinless, boneless chicken breasts, zucchini, red bell pepper and then Fody Low FODMAP Taco Seasoning as well as Fody Low FODMAP Salsa.
BTW, I recommend cooked quinoa, but if you have leftover rice that will work too, with no need to change serving sizes in regards to FODMAPs.
Low FODMAP Tex-Mex Quick Chicken, Veggies & Quinoa Ingredients
- 1 pound (455 g) skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut crosswise into
- large bite-sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon Fody Low FODMAP Taco Seasoning
- 2 tablespoon Fody Low FODMAP Garlic-Infused Olive Oil, divided
- 1 medium zucchini, trimmed and cut crosswise into very thin rounds
- ½ red bell pepper, cored and diced
- ¼ cup (16 g) chopped scallion greens
- 1 cup (155 g) cooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) Fody Low FODMAP Salsa, Mild or Medium
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ounce (30 g) shredded Cheddar, Monterey Jack or feta cheese, optional
Low FODMAP Tex-Mex Quick Chicken, Veggies & Quinoa Cooking Directions
Combine the chicken pieces and the Fody Taco Seasoning in a bowl, making sure all of the chicken pieces are coated evenly. Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
Heat a large skillet over low heat and add 1 tablespoon of oil and the chicken and sauté over medium heat for about 3 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate, set aside.
Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the pan, still over medium heat, and add zucchini, red bell pepper and scallions and sauté for about 2 minutes or until crisp tender. Add the chicken back to the pan along with the cooked quinoa, salsa and lime juice. Stir everything together and sauté for another couple of minutes until hot. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Scatter cheese over all, if using and serve immediately.
About the Chef
Dédé Wilson is the author of 17 cookbooks, including co-author of The Low FODMAP Diet: Step By Step.
Recipe brought to you by FODMAP Everyday® where we help you thrive while following the Low FODMAP Diet.
This original Low FODMAP recipe was created by recipe developer and author Dédé Wilson. You can find many more original Low FODMAP recipes, food and diet guidance as well as resources, support and more at FODMAP Everyday®.fodmapeveryday.com
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.