Prep Time: 5 Min
Cook Time: 15 Min
Easy Low FODMAP Tomato-Basil Soup with Gluten-Free Croutons Ingredients
- 1 (7 oz.) package Schar Gluten-Free Ciabatta, cut into ¾-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon Fody Foods Low FODMAP Garlic-Infused Olive Oil
- 2 (19.4 oz.) jars Fody Foods Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce
- 3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons Fody Foods Chicken Soup Base
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Parmesan cheese (or other low FODMAP and gluten-free cheese), optional garnish
Easy Low FODMAP Tomato-Basil Soup with Gluten-Free Croutons Directions
Preheat oven to 425°F. Spread cubed ciabatta into a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with garlic-infused olive oil. Bake for 4-5 minutes, stir, and bake for another 4-5 minutes or until the bread cubes are just golden brown and crisp.
Place the low FODMAP tomato-basil pasta sauce, water, chicken soup base, and coconut milk in a large pot. Heat over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the soup is well-mixed and hot. Blend with an immersion blender, if a smooth soup is desired. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve the low FODMAP soup warm topped with the baked croutons and optional Parmesan cheese.
About the Chef
Em Schwartz, MS, RDN, LD is a registered dietitian, recipe developer, and creator of the low FODMAP recipe website, Fun Without FODMAPs. She has completed Monash University’s FODMAP training for dietitians. Em enjoys combining her nutritional science background, personal experience with IBS, and love of food to create easy low FODMAP recipes and help you live well with IBS. Find more on Fun Without FODMAPs.